Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only Glock shooter that HATES a rolling break?

That's so weird. I rented a gen 5 G19 and that sold me on it. I'm not a trigger snob but the trigger worked very well for me, certainly better than either the gen 3 G19, a factory Colt series 70 (?!), the VP9, PPQ, or P320..

I guess the PPQ was up there but the VP9 for some reason dug into my trigger finger and irritated it within just a couple mags.

I love the 19X, and feel it is the best “modern” pistol Glock has made. I am happy to switch to a 5.0 striker spring and otherwise leave the trigger alone.

I have been doing my best shooting ever with a Glock with Gen 3 models.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Seems each of my Glocks have a different feel to them. Not sure which style I prefer more.

I've never messed with ny1 springs or whatever, just what came standard from the factory.

Despite my preference towards the trigger on the 19x, i shoot nearly equally well with any glock I've shot. I really only seem to notice the trigger when i dry fire or reallly focus on it when shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    There is so much difference between individual Glock triggers that I’m not sure it’s possible to even define rolling break. It’s all just varying degrees of OK, suck, suck less, kinda good. I’ve yet to handle two Glocks with the same trigger.

Yes they can be shot well. I tend to agree that the differences in Glock trigger characteristics don’t really translate to performance, at least for me.

It’s kinda sad that there is an entire generation that thinks good trigger and Glock belong in the same sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    From a mechanical standpoint, the Glock trigger mechanism is good because its simple and robust.

From a “actually shooting the gun” standpoint, it’s a garbage trigger compared to most other options that are worth it out there in 2018. You can do good work with a Glock, obviously, but you’re going to have to work for it and you’re probably not going to really like it all that much.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Pretty much all of this. I've always recommended people a different gun when they start talking about improving their Glock trigger. I've always found them very inconsistent and too many times they never break-in and get good. They get worse with wear and then you change the trigger bar and connector and get a different pull.

A Glock is staple gun that shoots bullets. A functional tool that does nothing with finesse.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Pretty much all of this. I've always recommended people a different gun when they start talking about improving their Glock trigger. I've always found them very inconsistent and too many times they never break-in and get good. They get worse with wear and then you change the trigger bar and connector and get a different pull.

A Glock is staple gun that shoots bullets. A functional tool that does nothing with finesse.

I clean, lubricate and enhance my new Glocks prior to shooting.

I've seen too many problems with polished Glock FCG parts.

I've seen too many problems with polished Glock FCG parts.
    Agreed - I've seen several GLOCKS go full auto after the "25 cent trigger job" was applied by someone too enthusiastic with the dremel... For me, at this point in my life, it's all stock on all serious carry pistols, less sights, and the occasional magazine release (lookin' at you, GLOCK). If your chosen pistol doesn't shoot well with factory components in factory condition, find something else! There are PLENTY of options out there...

Cool

I thought hitting was the "finesse" part?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been doing my best shooting ever with a Glock with Gen 3 models.
    Since I am a hardware geek, why the Gen 3 models instead of the Gen 5s?

User Tag List