Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only Glock shooter that HATES a rolling break?

There is so much difference between individual Glock triggers that I’m not sure it’s possible to even define rolling break. It’s all just varying degrees of OK, suck, suck less, kinda good. I’ve yet to handle two Glocks with the same trigger.

Yes they can be shot well. I tend to agree that the differences in Glock trigger characteristics don’t really translate to performance, at least for me.

It’s kinda sad that there is an entire generation that thinks good trigger and Glock belong in the same sentence.
    Last edited by LSP552; 09-21-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    There is so much difference between individual Glock triggers that I’m not sure it’s possible to even define rolling break. It’s all just varying degrees of OK, suck, suck less, kinda good. I’ve yet to handle two Glocks with the same trigger.

Yes they can be shot well. I tend to agree that the differences in Glock trigger characteristics don’t really translate to performance, at least for me.

It’s kinda sad that there is an entire generation that things good trigger and Glock belong in the same sentence.
    From a mechanical standpoint, the Glock trigger mechanism is good because its simple and robust.

From a “actually shooting the gun” standpoint, it’s a garbage trigger compared to most other options that are worth it out there in 2018. You can do good work with a Glock, obviously, but you’re going to have to work for it and you’re probably not going to really like it all that much.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Go shoot an HK45 DA and then tell me the Glock trigger sucks.

It's not amazing but it's at least a step above garbage.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Go shoot an HK45 DA and then tell me the Glock trigger sucks.

It's not amazing but it's at least a step above garbage.
    Nope, can’t do that. The 45C my stepson owned had the worst trigger I’ve felt in my life. It hd to be at least 15 lbs and full of sand. I consider myself a decent TDA and revolver shooter and it was truly unworkable.
    Last edited by LSP552; 09-21-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bere09 View Post
    Here's my dilemma. I have two Gen 5 17's that I ordered two TTI Grandmaster kits for. I installed them in each gun but the connectors looked a bit different. One had almost a matte coating with no symbol and one had a mirror finish with a long "minus" symbol on it. The matte finish blank connectors has an outstanding pull, it moves the break back in the pull and has a short reset, but is has a very slight but definite wall just before the break so I know where it's going to break every time. The polished "minus" TTI connector has a smooth rolling break where I can't tell as easily when it goes off when prepping and pressing on longer targets. I shoot MUCH better when I have a very slight wall just before the break because I can tell when the gun is going off. So I contact TTI (excellent customer service by the way) and they tell me that the connector I love is an old design and they don't have anymore. The polished connector with the dreaded rolling break is the new design!

So I have two questions.

1) After scouring the internet for a connector with similar characteristics and reading a lot of reviews, am I the only one that DOESN'T like a rolling break?

2) Anyone else have any ideas on a connector that moves the break back in the pull, has a short reset and a defined point, even if it's very light, where you can tell it's going to break?
    My friend has the apex kit in his. Says it completely changed trigger feel because he hated the rolling style break of the gen 5.

Hilarious!

For some years now I only buy from one local, well stocked LGS. My buds there will stack up all of a model they have in stock and I finger bang them all to pick MY Glock. Trigger and slide wiggle are my primary checks.

Which, off topic, is what is so weird with the 19X and really, most Gen 5s. Seems like less variability than I was accustomed to.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I like my Glocks these days with NY1 and "-" connectors, Lone Wolf or Ghost Rocket.

I want a solid wall on the US border with Mexico but not on my Glocks.
    I much prefer the Gen 5 Glock triggers over all previous Glocks.

It’s kinda sad that there is an entire generation that thinks good trigger and Glock belong in the same sentence.
    I've noticed similar situations in many other makes and action types. For instance, at the local cop shop, they have two P320C 9mms on the shelf, both latest "fully upgraded" pistols. The trigger on one (the FDE version) FEELS great - smooth takeup, no grit, even release - almost 1911ish. The trigger in the black version has more take up that feels "spongier" then hits a MAJOR wall that requires a LOT of pressure to break through - feels like 8-10 pounds. Likewise DA/SA triggers on current Sigs and S&W revolvers vary a lot from specimen to specimen. To a lesser degree, if you're a trigger snob, you can definitely tell the difference between 1911 triggers - everywhere from heavenly to hi point quality...

And, couldn't agree more that it gives me a major sad that the standard GLOCK trigger is the new definition of "good," having grown up shooting GOOD 1911s and old school S&W revolvers... I think this is a product of current generation shooters thinking that being able to work it FAST (largely a result of the short reset) makes it GOOD...

Site Supporter
    Really don't like, borderline hate, the new Gen 5 trigger.

So much so that I'm evaluating other platforms and mostly using it as a reason to go all in on DA/SA.

User Tag List