Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Am I the only Glock shooter that HATES a rolling break?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Agreed - I've seen several GLOCKS go full auto after the "25 cent trigger job" was applied by someone too enthusiastic with the dremel... For me, at this point in my life, it's all stock on all serious carry pistols, less sights, and the occasional magazine release (lookin' at you, GLOCK). If your chosen pistol doesn't shoot well with factory components in factory condition, find something else! There are PLENTY of options out there...
    If you are not mechanically inclined or do not know what you are doing leave it alone.

I don't dislike the previous gen Glock triggers, but I greatly prefer the new Gen 5 triggers. I believe the rolling break allows me to slap the trigger with a lower risk of a "snatch" result.

Here are my thoughts on the Glock. As I have long maintained, based on my personal experience and observing others, the Glock is an easy pistol to shoot OK and a very difficult pistol to shoot very well.

If you try to shoot a Glock like a 1911 or a tuned Langdon Beretta, you are quite likely to dislike the Glock. However, if you can adapt your technique to the Glock, rather than try to make the Glock adapt to you, you can do crazy good shooting with a Glock. Take the Glock grip angle, which many dislike because you need to cam the pistol hard to get it to point right. However when you do cam it properly, that camming reduces muzzle raise. If you try to shoot the trigger on a Glock like a 1911, you will notice how heavy, long and creepy the trigger is. However if you work the trigger while the sights are in motion, you can use that travel to give you a fast surprise break, and deliver accurate shots quickly. A Glock is very easy to reload and can be drawn at warp speed. In the last month, I have got my max effort draws with a Glock down to the high .40’s, and have been able to draw and shoot three A zone hits at 7 yards in .99 total. Setting up three 8 inch steel at 12, 20 and 35 yards, I have been able to draw and shoot all three steel plates in three successive runs under 2.50. Shooting 8 inch steel fast at 35 yards is not something most people would associate with a Glock. Leaving aside narrow tasks, my match placement with a Glock has been the best I have done in my whole time competing.

As to the fire control parts, people who would never ever think of doing a trigger job on their 1911, Beretta or whatever, seem to think they are qualified to improve their Glock triggers with polishing and modifications beyond switching parts.

In summary, the Glock is an incredibly capable pistol, that does as well for competition as defense, but to shoot it well, you have to adapt to its idiosyncrasies rather than try to make it adapt to the way you would shoot other pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here are my thoughts on the Glock.

In your time (or anyone else) behind a gen 5 trigger, have you had the trigger return spring break?

I’ve heard of one catastrophic failure of the spring, where it broke at a low round count which killed the gun. Apparently this trigger can’t be manually reset like the old generations. Just trying to hear some feedback on durability.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Agreed - I've seen several GLOCKS go full auto after the "25 cent trigger job" was applied by someone too enthusiastic with the dremel... For me, at this point in my life, it's all stock on all serious carry pistols, less sights, and the occasional magazine release (lookin' at you, GLOCK). If your chosen pistol doesn't shoot well with factory components in factory condition, find something else! There are PLENTY of options out there...
    WTH? That’s not a polish job, that is not negligence, that is gross negligence.

I PROMISE you they did far more than a $0.25 POLISH trigger job.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Am I the only Glock shooter that HATES a rolling break?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    Just trying to hear some feedback on durability.
    One G19.5 with 2,030 rounds, One G26.5 with 200 rounds; both stock. 0 malfunctions.

The only curious durability-related observation on both my Gen 5's I have noticed is that the barrel finish is worn through/rubbed down to the metal in a fairly distinctive pattern. Smarter people than me have told me not to worry about it and shoot the gun, so that's what I'm doing.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-22-2018 at 05:16 PM.

User Tag List