Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here swears by red dot sights for their daily carry?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My gut says the product will be Aimpoint durable, but the question is the form factor, and that should be a case of spending a minute or two looking at it. Multiple shops are getting set up to direct mill the Acro, and that is the way I would proceed.
    We will see. I’d love to have one to footprint. The smart thing to do ( on the part of Aimpoint) would be to release all the milling info (and maybe some code) in a massive media dump so that they could flood the market with folks retrofitting slides for their optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I went the route of just buying a whole new porpoise-built slide from One Source Tactical (I know, I know) and have been very happy with them.
    Now if only my dumbass self hadn’t sheared off one of those little Allen wrenches in the screw trying to get the loc-tited thing loose today to change the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I went the route of just buying a whole new porpoise-built slide from One Source Tactical (I know, I know) and have been very happy with them.
    Now if only my dumbass self hadn’t sheared off one of those little Allen wrenches in the screw trying to get the loc-tited thing loose today to change the battery.
    https://rifleshooter.com/2018/09/str...r-from-pistol/

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I went the route of just buying a whole new porpoise-built slide from One Source Tactical
    Name:  dolphin gun 1.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  76.0 KB

I have been exclusively using an RDS equipped pistol since 2010 or so.

There is ZERO reason to put an RDS on a long slide like a G34.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    @DocGKR To clarify you mean no reason to have a slide that long with an RMR? Where would you put the ideal length then? You have seen no benefit to longer slides at all?

I know many seem to prefer G19 sized guns because the slide cycles faster.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

As a longtime G34 user (duty gun) and someone who is considering a RDS (probably the Aimpoint) I’m really interested in what your thinking is...

My brother and I shoot at an indoor range, where we MUST use their ammo. Is usually some underpowered, overpriced practice type. It won't reliably cycle a Roland special. But it will cycle a g34, which has a little more barrel, a little more accuracy than a g19, and soft recoi.. It's at least one reason to run a g34.

We're not about to change recoil springs and such, before and after a range session. Just to run something like a RS

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    As a longtime G34 user (duty gun) and someone who is considering a RDS (probably the Aimpoint) I’m really interested in what your thinking is...
    Most of the fast guys would take the cycle speed of the g19 over the g34, when the MRDS nullifies the advantages of a longer sight radius

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

Unless one already owns a 34 and doesn't want to buy a 19...

Doc, you are the master of vague posting, but I think I know where you are going. Correct me if I am mistaken.

I can get near comped 17 performance with a stock 34 without having to buy another comp and barrel. Even with the increased sight radius of the 34 a RDS is still superior to irons. In my hands anyway.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 09-21-2018 at 05:51 AM.

User Tag List