Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here swears by red dot sights for their daily carry?

"You don't objectively gain anything with a slide mounted RDS on anything longer than a G43."
    Magazine capacity. G43 works as a BUG, but it is not a duty pistol.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Magazine capacity. G43 works as a BUG, but it is not a duty pistol.
    You know what else has magazine capacity? A Glock 34.

I regularly carry a G17 with rmr in a SME holster by 5 Shot Leather. I do not perceive any additional bulk from the rmr
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I set up a complicated array this afternoon with three eight inch steel and three USPSA targets, one wide open, one half open, and one a tuxedo. Shot enough runs with the 34 DP Pro and 17 DP Pro to get meaningful data. Despite shooting a 34 since late July full time in matches, practice and the recent TPC class, I was 10 percent faster with the same accuracy with the 17.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I set up a complicated array this afternoon with three eight inch steel and three USPSA targets, one wide open, one half open, and one a tuxedo. Shot enough runs with the 34 DP Pro and 17 DP Pro to get meaningful data. Despite shooting a 34 since late July full time in matches, practice and the recent TPC class, I was 10 percent faster with the same accuracy with the 17.
    Can’t wait to see you test the 35/19x similarly.

Can someone post a height of a front suppressor sight that works with RMR installed on a directly milled slide? Let's say, ATEI-depth pocket as an example.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Can someone post a height of a front suppressor sight that works with RMR installed on a directly milled slide? Let's say, ATEI-depth pocket as an example.
    These worked with my direct mounted Brownells slide:

http://www.battlewerx.com/ameriglo-g...k-rear-gl-611/
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I had AETI build my RMR'd G17 a few months back and went with the Ameriglo tritium front and black rear. I'm really liking the setup.

I'm only a few thousand rounds and lots of dry fire reps into it, but my aging eyes appreciate the concept. And I appreciate the knowledge and experiences shared here.

I borrowed a friends RMR G 19 for a few months prior to my build. I decided to go with the 17 for my build build as the grip length and balance works best for me, and I've carried a 19 AWIB for 15 years prior.

Attachment 30708

I wish I could fully grasp why longer slides with RMR are frowned upon by many vs shorter slides with RMR.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    To what do you attribute this?

User Tag List