Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here swears by red dot sights for their daily carry?

Who here swears by red dot sights for their daily carry?

Just curious. I've read all the arguments for and against. I am working up the learning curve and seeing more and more the utility with consistent practice. I am most interested if any duty folks have them on their daily carry pistol. For those who have spent a decent amount of time using a red dot system, are you firmly in the pro camp? Take it or leave it? Firmly con? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Just curious. I've read all the arguments for and against. I am working up the learning curve and seeing more and more the utility with consistent practice. I am most interested if any duty folks have them on their daily carry pistol. For those who have spent a decent amount of time using a red dot system, are you firmly in the pro camp? Take it or leave it? Firmly con? Why?

Please check back in thirty days.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    I have been happy with my rmr2 on g19.5. My shooting has improved quite a bit at distance and speed on steel has went up inside 10 yards. So far mine has been trouble free.

I have the rm06 and manually set dot at brightness I wanted. My friend has the same but used the auto brightness feature. His stopped automatically adjusting the brightness and has since went to manually setting dot. He has to send back to Trijicon to get fixed.

I have a damn good feeling about the aimpoint and I feel they used the best pistol for testing. They also seem to have been in the real world without us knowing. I would wait for it to drop and peeps get time behind one if you are serious. It will be worth the wait if it pans out.

G19MOS + RMR. Firmly in the camp of the RDS. The ability to remain target focused is a great benefit IMO. I’ve had no issues with my RMR type 1.

Firmly in the RDS camp enough to be sending my 19X slide off to be machined for an RMR.

Related: How does one add a GTG rmr to one’s pistol without spending $600+?

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    With optic included?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I’m strongly contemplating a Glock 34 Gen 5 because I’ve always wanted a Glock 34.

Side benefit is it’s setup for MRDS.

I’d look for a modern equivalent of your current pistol (if available) that has this feature.

Then I’d shop prices for RMR’s.

It’s what I’m contemplating.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Once red dots get smaller and more vetted my guns will get them. I just bought a Wilson 9mm on a impulse bid, so that gun will get one eventually also

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    With optic included?
    Please school this n00b

G19.3 RMR02 EDC and USPSA

Eventually I'll get a G19.5. I'll see what the latest RMR hotness is then but I'm happy with the RMR02

User Tag List