Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HK DA/SA

The USP doesn't have a light firing pin block spring. I think the only non-stock one is for the "Heavy" LEM, and the stock USP firing pin block spring (209296) is the same part considered the "light" firing pin block spring for the P2000/P30.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    The USP doesn't have a light firing pin block spring. I think the only non-stock one is for the "Heavy" LEM, and the stock USP firing pin block spring (209296) is the same part considered the "light" firing pin block spring for the P2000/P30.
    I installed this one, somewhere the inter webs told me to.... ;-)
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Firi...-198p18110.htm

It works. But apparently not an HK branded.

I think at the end of the day most people don’t buy HK’s for the trigger. LEM is love it or hate it. If that systems appeals to you just make sure you are willing to commit yourself just shooting LEM for awhile. It’ll take work but I think most people can figure it out. TDA HK’s are going to feel like Sigs or Beretta’s. But lots of people shoot them really well. Most of the

I’m back on the Glock train for now but I see a pair of V3 P30’s in my future. I love how accurate and reliable they are and I like shooting TDA better than anything.

For what it’s worth there’s a nice used P2000 LEM in the classifieds. If you are interested in trying LEM that would be a really good place to start. They’re really nice Glock 19 sized pistols.

you know what really smooths out the action on a P30 and makes the TDA trigger nice? 10,000 rounds down range and at least as many dry fire reps.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

The P30 V3 already has the light trigger return spring which is good because it's the one that's a bitch to install.

I put an enhanced nickel plated sear spring (HKP-01811), a light firing pin block spring (HKP-01955) and light hammer spring (HKP-16489) FROM HKPARTS in mine. Cost was $31. Same parts from H&K will be about $12 if they have them in stock. It made a pretty big difference in the overall feel, it's definitely lighter on the DA stroke, but I doubt it measures as different as it feels. Definitely noticeable to the better side but not earth shattering different.

The P30 DA trigger is plenty usable out of the box if you put the time into training with it. The springs are cheap and easy to replace so why not?
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 09-20-2018 at 10:48 PM.

If you're willing to wait a bit and don't want to pay the HKParts tax, the HK OEM parts can occasionally be had from Brownells. Best way to do it is to just throw them on backorder when there's free shipping and wait. Plug the following numbers into Brownells' search and they'll come right up.

Nickel-plated Sear Spring (all models): 215691
    Light Firing Pin Block Spring (late model USP, P2000, P30): 209296
    10.5-11# Hammer Spring (all models, stock on USPC): 215694

A note on the hammer spring - I would check Top Gun Supply before buying one from Brownells, or shell out for the HK Parts hammer spring on this one item. At some point HK apparently started to ship part 215694 as a 12# spring, indicated by the blue paint coating, when it used to be a lighter 10.5-11# spring. I bought one from Brownells and one from TGS when playing around with my USPT's hammer spring. The Brownells spring had the right model number but was painted blue and felt identical to the factory 12# spring, while the TGS spring was gunmetal and yielded a slightly lighter DA pull. YMMV.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    If you're willing to wait a bit and don't want to pay the HKParts tax, the HK OEM parts can occasionally be had from Brownells. Best way to do it is to just throw them on backorder when there's free shipping and wait. Plug the following numbers into Brownells' search and they'll come right up.

Nickel-plated Sear Spring (all models): 215691
    Light Firing Pin Block Spring (late model USP, P2000, P30): 209296
    10.5-11# Hammer Spring (all models, stock on USPC): 215694

A note on the hammer spring - I would check Top Gun Supply before buying one from Brownells, or shell out for the HK Parts hammer spring on this one item. At some point HK apparently started to ship part 215694 as a 12# spring, indicated by the blue paint coating, when it used to be a lighter 10.5-11# spring. I bought one from Brownells and one from TGS when playing around with my USPT's hammer spring. The Brownells spring had the right model number but was painted blue and felt identical to the factory 12# spring, while the TGS spring was gunmetal and yielded a slightly lighter DA pull. YMMV.
    Textbook example of "Helpful"! Kudos!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I started my firearms career on a S&W model 19. I guess it is my default mode for comparing various trigger pulls out there. I see in the above threads talk of various spring replacements to lower trigger pull. The S&W revolver design lends itself to a lighter pull by simply replacing the trigger return spring with a lighter spring. A cheap way to get a lighter pull.

For my HK USP 45 full-size, I bought the hammer spring # 215694 mentioned above. It really did not make that much difference in the pull. In fact, it introduced just a hair bit of creep when shooting in single action mode. It's still in the pistol and she has been 100% reliable.

I haven't tried a LEM HK. I do have a P2000 DA/SA. It is just personal preference. The DA trigger pull is a bit steep. In the SA mode, I like the lighter crisp let-off of the P2000. My yardstick is how much does the trigger pull upset the sight picture just before firing. I find my sight picture is less effected by trigger pull in SA mode.

Here is DB's treatise on the LEM trigger.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....hlight=trigger
    There is a lot of wisdom there that I think I will heed at this time and go for the LEM trigger. Now I just need to part with some SFA guns to fund the HK!
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Also read DB and GJM's posts on the Match / LEM Hybrid trigger on the USP. GJMs USP field Pistol thread is also helpful.

I have the Match / LEM Hybrid trigger on several USPs and like it best. It is better than the light LEM on USPs and HK45s.

I have used HP P30 V1 LEM 9mm for 3 years amd 30,000 +/- rounds and like it. I am considering going USP as a carry gun over P30 because of the squarer grip and the Match / LEM Hybrid trigger.

User Tag List