Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HK DA/SA

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    TDA > LEM

fite me!
    Not only is that comment a fail, it is also inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by RND View Post
    Not only is that comment a fail, it is also inaccurate.
    I whole heartedly disagree, on both counts.

LEM is too easy to pull under stress, doesn't provide enough tactile feedback as to activity on first shot, and many seem to find it harder to master than TDA, no matter how "hard" they try. I don't profess to have the skills to explain why this occurs, but it does, other than they're too similar and yet different enough. TDA is two distinct triggers, where LEM is closer to 1.5 or 1.25 different triggers, but different enough to cause problems.
    People also seem to gravitate towards getting the lightest possible LEM trigger they can, often to the detriment of what the gun and trigger are intended for. Even the TLG special isn't the lightest/smoothest trigger possible.

That all being said, if you can run/manage LEM and it does what you want, more power to you. I think it's an over hyped trigger system.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

LEM is too easy to pull under stress, doesn't provide enough tactile feedback as to activity on first shot, and many seem to find it harder to master than TDA, no matter how "hard" they try. I don't profess to have the skills to explain why this occurs, but it does, other than they're too similar and yet different enough. TDA is two distinct triggers, where LEM is closer to 1.5 or 1.25 different triggers, but different enough to cause problems.
    People also seem to gravitate towards getting the lightest possible LEM trigger they can, often to the detriment of what the gun and trigger are intended for. Even the TLG special isn't the lightest/smoothest trigger possible.

That all being said, if you can run/manage LEM and it does what you want, more power to you. I think it's an over hyped trigger system.
    I had no issues running LEM, it feels just like the single action trigger with an extremely light initial take up. I'm also not seeing how it is more than 1 consistent trigger pull.
    Last edited by Corse; 09-22-2018 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I had no issues running LEM, it feels just like the single action trigger with an extremely light initial take up. I'm also not seeing how it is more than 1 consistent trigger pull.
    If you realease the trigger all the way after each shot, it really is one trigger pull. If you only release two reset, it’s kind of 2. Same could be said of a Glock if you think about it. Also, if you need a double strike (LEM), that’s a different pull as well.

I went through a year trying to make LEM work for me as a noob. It didn’t help I was trying to shoot a VP9 as well.

I agree with most of your post above. One comment on the bolded part, being as how few LEM guns are out there in the shops, it is not like you have a choice in LEM configurations. In my case all they had was the V1 or light LEM. I know now you can adjust the springs etc. but that is pretty advanced especially for a new shooter like me.

I’ve kind of come to the conclusion that the LEM *is* great at it’s designed application; namely LEOs who spend a lot of time covering suspects with guns drawn (I think Darryl has mentioned this more than once.). “For me” however as Joe CCW, if I have to draw from my holster there is a pretty good chance I will need to use it. So my reasoning is I’d rather have a pistol in my hand that I’m confident with.

But who knows I’m just a random noobie talking out of his butt on an Internet forum. If LEM works for you, awesome. I strongly defer to all of the actual knowledgeable people here as far as recommending it to others.

I went back and read the Dagga Boy thread and wow, what an education, thanks! My wife will be transitioning from 229 to a P30sk in the coming weeks, so this has been the perfect read, and it’ll be an interesting experience for both of us, since neither have ever shot a gun with a LEM trigger, but feel that all things considered, it’ll be a great carry gun for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    If you realease the trigger all the way after each shot, it really is one trigger pull. If you only release two reset, it’s kind of 2. Same could be said of a Glock if you think about it. Also, if you need a double strike (LEM), that’s a different pull as well.
    I don't play the reset game anymore, but releasing to reset doesn't change the trigger break, it just bypass the ridiculously light initial take up . The decocked LEM or second strike trigger pull could be a pain, but would rarely be encountered in most situations and I think could be seen as a "feature" not available on striker fired guns.

In my mind the LEM is just a 2 stage rifle trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I think I will heed at this time and go for the LEM trigger.
    If you're in western PA, meet @Guinnessman. For a beer or two, I bet he'd let you run some rounds through his LEM guns.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    If you're in western PA, meet @Guinnessman. For a beer or two, I bet he'd let you run some rounds through his LEM guns.
    He is welcome to try the original flavor P30, the SK, or the L. There are some great places for beer near the range for a debrief.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    He is welcome to try the original flavor P30, the SK, or the L. There are some great places for beer near the range for a debrief.
    Thanks bro. I'm not down to Pittsburgh very often but the next time I'm down that way with some free time I'll let you know.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List