Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To bad you don't need nurses at work. I think we'd get along

HK USP9c
    JRC CDAII worn at 12 o'clock
    125 lbs
    5-00
    32" waist
    Ares Aegis belt

Typical day is 3-4 hours in the car, 4-6 hrs sitting with clients.

No discomfort, pinching or poking.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    To bad you don't need nurses at work. I think we'd get along
    Agreed!

Also, I carry an M&P 9 FS. I’m 6’4”, 250 pounds. 52L jacket, 38/36 trousers, DSG ORION, Keeper or JMCK depending on how I’m feeling. I drive 3 hours a day round trip to the office, and spend a good amount of my work day, sitting. Carrying AIWB is infinitely MORE comfortable for me than wearing my duty belt with my mag carrier and cuffs pushing onto similar anatomy as the AIWB and mag carrier. Haven’t quite figured out that dilemma yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I’m 6’4”, 250 pounds.
    thread drift Animal Mother was probably glad to see someone almost as tall as him... /thread drift
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I carry a Commander in a 5 Shot SME with no issues sitting, driving, or extensive bending/lifting at work. I put my pistol on at 7:30am and take it off at 5:30pm everyday. To me, it's the most comfortable place to carry. Like Caleb's photo above, the pistol lays against my stomach when sitting or bending, which is perfectly comfortable. I actually think it works better than strong side carry when driving, because I can access the gun easily without any leaning, bending, or shifting in the seat. As far as factors that make it work, I can only echo what others have said, which has been my experience with AIWB for roughly the last 4 years. The high points...

It's very body type dependent - Not just weight or gut. Torso length, which partly determines where your belt rides, is a big factor.

Gun Size & Shape - My G43 in JM Claw 2.0 Long will poke me in the stomach occasionally when bending due to the whole gun/holster being smaller and not laying higher against my stomach. My G19 in a G17 length RCS Eidolon is incredibly comfortable, just like the Commander/SME combo. In the past, I've attempted to carry a Govt 1911, G34, and Beretta 92, all of which I find too long (slide) below the belt and I literally cannot bend over. I did recently find a AIWB holster that allows me to carry the Govt 1911, but that's because I can adjust the ride height so much that it's roughly the same length as a Commander/G17 below the belt.

Pant selection - I find some jeans/pants/shorts work better than others. Again, a matter of ride height. Cut too low and I can't bend comfortably. Just right and there is no difference in bending with the gun and without it.

Holster selection - Huge, but not every high quality purpose built AIWB holster will work for everyone. It takes considerable testing and tweaking, over the course of several weeks to really figure out if it's a holster issue, a positional issue, a clothing issue, or maybe AIWB just won't work for you. I really hate to talk in absolutes, but I can almost guarantee the first AIWB holster you buy will not be your last in search of ultimate comfort and concealability.

Little tweaks - 1/4" left/right, 1/4" higher/lower, a touch of reverse cant, or any combination, can make a huge difference and that takes time to figure out. I'm not saying it will for for everyone, but it's a process, and I think more people would actually find that AIWB works for them, but they get frustrated and throw in the towel.

I don't see a lot of sitting 3:00 IWB pics either, but I'd say the reason you don't see sitting AIWB pictures is because nobody likes crotch pics.
    Last edited by StraitR; 09-21-2018 at 11:48 PM.

It can be extremely uncomfortable if it's not done right. I think it takes a lot more time to make it work for you than other forms of carry. I carry aiwb all the time. I train from aiwb all the time too. Only time it can start digging in is lifting heavy stuff off the ground. Other than that it's not bothersome at all for me. I bush hog all day long aiwb and have gone on long road trips and find it more comfortable sitting than other forms of carry. I have a bad back and torn rotator cuffs though too so 3-4 o'clock carry can be down right painful for me.

I think belt choice makes a huge difference in comfort. I find less stiff belts like a standard The wilderness 3 stitch frequent flyer belt is perfect for me. Pant size too I think makes a difference. Don't need everything overly tight just snug enough. Holsters are either Dark Star Gear or JM Custom. Carry a glock 19 with xc-1 more times than not and even known to carry a glock 20 with 6" barrel during hunting season aiwb lol and a m9a3 too. Short barrels don't work for me aiwb though, the longer the barrel the better it seems to work for me. 4" barrel seems goldilocks to me 5-6" barrel is fine standing and sitting but not if I'm squatting a whole lot.

Best of luck!

I’m 5’9” and weigh 185 pounds. I carry a G19 in a Bladetech AIWB holster. It doesn’t bother me at all sitting down. In fact it’s more comfortable for me when driving than carrying at 4:00.

User Tag List