Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Grip pressure and POI Shift

On grip pressure changing point of impact, and I agree that it does for me. This is more noticeable for me with Glocks. I really “believe” it’s more side pressure related but how do you prove that?

Perhaps a firmer grip just allows a better straight back trigger stroke and weight of the pistol is a bigger variable than pressure?
    Last edited by LSP552; 10-13-2018 at 10:49 AM.

If you don’t pre-tension (or “set”) your grip before you begin your trigger manipulation, it’s likely your hands will change their relationship to the pistol as you commence firing.

It’s important to use the same grip strength for short range aggressive shooting and long range precision shooting. It’s important to use the same grip strength for your dry practice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    It’s important to use the same grip strength for short range aggressive shooting and long range precision shooting. It’s important to use the same grip strength for your dry practice as well.
    This is something that I personally find easy to get lax on in dry fire, less so in live fire. When my attention starts to wander or my grip starts to slip, I call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    This is something that I personally find easy to get lax on in dry fire, less so in live fire. When my attention starts to wander or my grip starts to slip, I call it a day.
    It is extremely easy to get lax on grip pressure and trigger control dry firing, unless regularly validating with live fire.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

While we all like advanced techniques, I would argue most of high level shooting is just the fundamentals of grip, stance and trigger control executed at a high level.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While we all like advanced techniques, I would argue most of high level shooting is just the fundamentals of grip, stance and trigger control executed at a high level.
    Completely agree, might add performed subconsciously.

It’s what GJM said I think with “boring reliability” added in there.

Fundamentals executed with boring reliability.

Like GJM said, flawless execution of the fundamentals trumps exotic strategies every time.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List