Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VERIZON WIRELESS USERS CHANGE YOUR PIN NOW

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

VERIZON WIRELESS USERS CHANGE YOUR PIN NOW

Somehow or other a group of thieves/hackers have gotten Verizon pins. I know for sure nobody knows my PIN other than me, not even my wife, but someone called in with my info and stole my number. They are calling Verizon and porting the number to a new phone, then using that to gain access to bank account information. I was the third caller with the exact same issue. $1k taken from bank after PIN, password, etc. changed on bank account online as they impersonate you with your phone number.

Then, of course, since they have your phone number your phone won't work as you no longer have service. I was able to report it with my wife's phone but will be without my number for 3-5 days. I should be able to get a temporary number tomorrow.

Check your verizon account and change your PIN now if you are still in control of your account.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Thanks for the heads up. I am not a Verizon customer, but I appreciate the warning.

Dang. Hope you get it sorted soon. Thanks for the heads up.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Thanks for the heads up. We changed ours to be safe, but I'll also keep an eye on the bank for any odd discrepancies.

Thanks, BBI. Just logged in and made the change. Sorry you had to go through this.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Vending Machine Operator
    Done, thank you. Hope your bank makes it right for ya.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

How do you change your Verizon pin?

thanks

Thanks for the heads up. Good news is the bank should make you whole I think. Hope everything is straightened out fast for you.

Found this wonder if it’s related. TLDR is 6m customers had personal info leaked, some of it including pin

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/358...leaked-online/

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    How do you change your Verizon pin?

thanks
    From https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...ount-pin-faqs/

Online with My Verizon

Go to vzw.com/PIN.
    Sign in to your My Verizon account.
    Enter the new account PIN, then re-type the new account PIN in the designated box.
    Click Submit to confirm.
    You've successfully created your account PIN. We'll send you a notification that a PIN has been set up (or changed).

User Tag List