Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VERIZON WIRELESS USERS CHANGE YOUR PIN NOW

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.zdnet.com/article/securi...mer-data-leak/

This sensitive data includes millions of individual customer names, phone numbers, and their account PIN, which we confirmed is all that can be needed by an attacker to access a person's account. That can lead to phone number hijacking and account takeovers,
    If you haven't changed your PIN since last July, your data is out there. Just change your PIN. Or don't, and maybe you'll also win this particular shit lottery.

And don't limp wrist your cell phone.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    I did some checking on phone and bank security over lunch today. Phone seems locked down enough.
    While checking my settings at my business bank, I noticed a type-o on my address.... I wasn't able to fix it online so I called the bank.

After giving them my account number and birth date (not hard to find) and explaining the problem, the agent told me they would have to send me a text message with a code, before they could change the address. Of course I asked them... "What if someone managed to steal my phone number.".. After explaining that I meant just the number and not the device, the agent admitted it was a potential problem.

I was careful to set notifications (to several emails and my mobile) for any changes to logins or passwords, or when any new devices access my account.

Thanks to @BehindBlueI's for the heads up and to @scw2 and @Jaywalker for the additional tips..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I contacted my mom and she changed the pin to her Verizon account. Thanks for the heads up BBI.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thanks BBI!

You posted this while I was on a flight over the middle of the ocean and tonight is the only time I got to get online. So I immediately changed my Verizon PIN (expecting the worse when I tried to get into both my Verizon and bank account). It's only now that I realized it's about Verizon wireless accounts, which I don't have.

Still, changing the PIN was a good thing.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Wonderful. I have no idea what my Verizon PIN might be. Thanks for the heads-up.

Edited to add: Well, I went through the on-line procedures for changing my PIN, but have not yet received the confirmation message on the device I chose to receive the confirmation. Interesting.
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-20-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Go to bank web site
    Click "forgot user name"
    Ask bank to send user name to a device linked to the account (phone)
    Go to bank web site
    Click "forgot password"
    Ask Bank to send reset link to a device linked to your account.
    OK the info is sent to a phone that is not actually yours but what does that have to do with the Verizon PIN?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    OK the info is sent to a phone that is not actually yours but what does that have to do with the Verizon PIN?
    I was trying to answer your original question...

Originally Posted by BJXDS
    Very Interesting. Please Update, I understand the stolen number, but I don't see how access to other accounts can happen.
    The Verizon PIN would prevent someone from stealing your number.

My reply was about how they would steal your bank account, IF they could steal your number... Which was the question I thought you were asking.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the heads up!

I wasn't sure of my pin but was able to reset the pin using the my verizon app on my android phone. It accepted the finger print scan for verification so no pin required.

User Tag List