Thread: Need to find a bloom-resistant red dot for 10/22 fun and games

Need to find a bloom-resistant red dot for 10/22 fun and games

Thread title about covers it: what’s a good red dot for a 10/22 takedown backpacker?

I’ve got 3 of these laying around, courtesy of this place (and probably @LittleLebowski, specifically, IIRC)

https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Trop...dp/B00200E0HM/

But I figure there may be something out there that is a leap forward in clarity/quality over $48 bucks, even for a .22lr.

I’m open to suggestions for the buy once/cry once rimfire optic; my crappy eyes demand it.

Thanks in advance, folks.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 09-19-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Sig Romeo5? $120 on sale.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

I have the Primary Arms advanced micro dots on my training AK, my WASR 22, my kids M&P 15-22, and my wife's rifle. For $150 give or take they are great optics. I don't have a stigmatism so the dots are pretty crisp to me. Not as crisp as my Aimpoint micro, but that's a $600 optic. I also hear good things about the Holosuns which is who probably makes the Primary Arms red dots.

Primary arms micro here as well. It will bloom. Astigmatism sucks lmao. I have heard prism sights work very well. Also look at a rmr. Mine blooms a lot less than the primary/aimpoint.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    http://vortexoptics.com/product/vort...1x-prism-scope

They go on sale well under $200 from time to time. Look the way they should to this astigmatism-having dude.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List