Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People being duped in Texas

"Beto" can't even seem to pronounce his own fucking name right.

Frankly I don't think he's actually running for Senate; the Democrats just decided to back him harder than expected. I think he just started his presidential campaign two years early.

Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    I see a lot of that among my gun-owning colleagues over the years. Granted, they're not single-issue voters. And just because they own some guns doesn't mean that gun-owner control is high on their list of priorities. But it's still frustrating as hell.
    I have several like that as well.

When I mention a gun control scheme coming out of some liberal twit they say something along the lines of "I don't care, it doesn't affect me, nobody needs those Assault Weapons". Then I point out in the law that it includes their duck hunting shotguns or their favorite .22 rifle and suddenly they say "But that isn't an Assault weapon"....

My favorite was the guy that always like to point out that I was a "gun nut" who worried too much about legislation then right after Sandy Hook was calling me constantly in a total panic trying to figure out where to get magazines for his Ruger and since I was a gun nut I should know....

My response was that you should have thought about that much, much earlier.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Unless the Gerrymandering case really does result in a full-on overturn of Texas districts and a need for redistricting. It is unlikely that Texas will turn purple in the next 10-12 years. But if redistricting becomes necessary - this will accelerate changes to Texas into purple-hood.

I personally, think the current flow of east and west coasters to Texas will result in Texas turning purple in the next dozen years.
    East, west and south. Turning Texas into what they left.

I think your 10 year prediction is solid.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    My neighborhood is full of Beto signs. I see commercials from Cruz and Patrick yapping about the NFL. That's a really important message. Sarcasm intended.
    It's an extremely important message that is being poorly delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    It's an extremely important message that is being poorly delivered.
    If Cruz and the GOP candidates are running NFL ads, they will get exactly what they deserve. The NFL is a private entity that has 1A rights as an entity and as individuals. The government can’t pass laws that restrict that. People can tune them out and not give them $$ as an expression of their 1A rights. Neither the state nor the FedGov have any business meddling in the NFL. Immigration, 2A protection, jobs, lower taxes, lower crime... are issues that government needs to address. The NFL is just a stupid distraction.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    If Cruz and the GOP candidates are running NFL ads, they will get exactly what they deserve. The NFL is a private entity that has 1A rights as an entity and as individuals. The government can’t pass laws that restrict that. People can tune them out and not give them $$ as an expression of their 1A rights. Neither the state nor the FedGov have any business meddling in the NFL. Immigration, 2A protection, jobs, lower taxes, lower crime... are issues that government needs to address. The NFL is just a stupid distraction.

Seems like you and I agree. It's disgusting to kneel and crap on America, but they should be able to do it. Is anyone saying the government should make them stand? The NFL should ban it, but not the government.

To not recognize the significance of someone not being disgusted by the kneeling is troubling.

Site Supporter
    I was a very active Sporting Clays shooter - surprising number of SC shooters saw no need for pistols etc. Seen same concept at large pistol club where Bullseye shooters saw no need for guns that did not fit their image. Seen hunters same way.

I am very concerned with Georgia as Atlanta is a magnet for transplants from all over US many of which do not support gun ownership. The GA governor race will be predictor for future of GA.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Fingers crossed. Not surprised about Willie Nelson coming out as a Dem.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/09...iac-poll-says/

He has not exactly been bashful about his political proclivities, I have been a mild fan (maybe three albums) for 20 years and have known he is largely a democrat for practically all of it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There are two ways to interpret that photo:

1. This Ruger semi-automatic rifle with a greater-than-10 capacity magazine that jams is OK, but that other Ruger semi-automatic rifle with a greater-than-10 capacity magazine that jammed is not OK. Because reasons.

2. Guns for me, but not for thee.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

So for the record, I think that Cruz will win this re-election, but it will be a narrower margin than expected. He should consider himself luck that a good independent didn't throw their hat in the ring, that could cost him.

But I've been saying for half-a-dozen years now, that Texas Republicans need to be aware that their primacy will soon be challenged. If nothing else, I think O'Rourke making a close race against Cruz might have the desired effect of waking folks up. Texas Republicans have been pretty stagnate the last few years and it's time to start grooming new individuals to step up. The fact that about 40% of Texans like Ted Cruz as much as they like walking through cow patties, should tell us something. The Democrats saw the narrow margin of victory for Trump in Texas and are viewing Texas as a new swing state. Of course, I think that's flawed, because Trump had a low margin in Texas, because Cruz was sort-of Texas' choice, costing Trump initial and strong support in the state. None-the-less, continuing down this road will lead to turnover of Texas. The only thing I can hope for is real turnover in places like California which will drive people back.

User Tag List