Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

Site Supporter
    Just got my SAGA LUX. I'll get it set up later, but is anyone else using the Vickers slide release? It hangs up on mine, I'll need to relieve around the sweat guard. Seems good other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Just got my SAGA LUX. I'll get it set up later, but is anyone else using the Vickers slide release? It hangs up on mine, I'll need to relieve around the sweat guard. Seems good other than that.
    I actually took mine off because it gets hung up on both of mine. I'm surprised they did not adjust the mold to accommodate for that. However, Jeff does has a video on instagram regarding this issue and he suggests just relieving the area like you said.

Site Supporter
    I took my Lux to the range for the first trip last night. I think the holster and I are melding a bit better now. After a day or two of wearing it around the house it seems more comfortable and more concealable. This is the first holster I have been able to run a Glock 17 and my wife said it was passing.

A couple of observations, if you have a reshaped slide or bottom of your trigger guard you could run into issues. I believe that is where the friction retention seems to come from. Lastly the combination of the largest cam block and the dcc clips makes it a little complicated to get on and off but it isn't a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Can we expect the adjustable calming bar of the Sagax Lux to make a debut on the VELO in Gen5?
    Also interested in this. Seems likely.

Site Supporter
    Digging the SAGA LUX. Still need to tweak where I wear it and ride height as it will shift on me and develop a hot spot and print. In the right spot it hides great though. Name:  20190808_132616.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  25.5 KB
    Name:  20190808_132623.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  25.6 KB
    Name:  20190808_133002.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  35.0 KB

brief experience with the tenicor velo for the G17. i really cannot say anything but good things about their design and service. as pointed out elsewhere the unique feature of the velo is that most of the grip rotation is achieved through a large angular wedge. basically the medial aspect of your quadriceps (thigh) will interact with the wedge and create a force that both tucks the pistol in towards the waist and rotates the grip inward. very clever design.

pros
    -very well thought out, clever design
    -attention paid to every detail
    -excellent construction

cons
    -the type of retention seemed unusual to me. rather than a "click in place" sensation there was simply stiff resistance in and out of the holster. i'm not saying this is good or bad, I just don't care for it. Venicor was beyond generous in terms of providing me a return label and quickly corresponding to confirm the holster was in spec. their service is just great
    -moderate amount of grip "tucking" depending on the users desires, although my personal belief is that people worry way too much about printing of their pistol grip

aside from the retention, my primary issue came when sitting down. while the wedge helps conceal the pistol, when flexing the hip to sit down I found the holster sort of "over-rotated" into my abdomen. I had to either slide the pistol to the 12 o'clock position or hike my belt up quite a bit. for me this is a mild issue with all appendix rigs although with the Tenicor Velo it was more pronounced. I do believe that the issue with hip flexion (i.e. sitting) is mostly related to body type. I have tree stumps for lower extremities and I'm convinced thin legs would have far less issues with the Tenicor in terms of sitting down.

To The Velo Upgraders

To the Velo Gen4 users who owned previous versions... Do you find the new Velo a "rock your world never new what a holster should be until now" experience compared to earlier versions? I have a 2nd generation model that I'm happy with and alternate it with a JMCK 2.0 depending on my pants. What say the experts?

Site Supporter
    The new version definitely conceals better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Do you find ...the new Velo a "rock your world never knew what a holster should be until now" experience compared to earlier versions?
    That's quite an exaggerated description, and not one that I'd use for any holster I've owned, but since I do have both the 3rd and 4th generation Velos, I can say without question that the gen 4 version does conceal better and more easily than the gen 3, and that the gen 4 Velo is also generally more comfortable for me than AIWB rigs that depend upon foam wedges for posteriorly displacing the gripframe into the abdomen. The Velo 4 accomplishes this necessary aspect of concealment with greater stability and less holster movement.

Being fairly new to AIWB as a method of CCW (mostly IWB behind the hip for over 30 years), I've now accumulated five different AIWB holsters over the past 6 months, all of them sized for the G17 though actually used for G19s and G26s, and the Velo gen 4 conceals best and is the most comfortable of all of them IME.
    Last edited by SAWBONES; 08-14-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    That's quite an exaggerated description ...
    Yes it is, and a bit tongue-in-cheek. But think back to when the Graith belts came out. People were going nuts in their praise. We tend to do that with the equipment we buy for some reason.

User Tag List