Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

What body shape is better served with a holster positioned at the hip crease vs more centerline?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    Hey Guys thanks for your interest in the new products and updates.

VELO Generation Questions:
    Gen1 = April 2018 to July 2018 | crappy clips, crappy sweat guard, etc but still a decent holster
    Gen2 = July 2018 to Jan 2019(for Glock, some stuff stayed on Gen2) | DCC T1 clips, wider wedge, new sweat guard
    Gen3 = Jan2019 to July 2019 | captured nuts for T1s and loops. Added button protection for the RMR, new sight channel
    Gen4 = July 2019 and on | We eliminated the wedge and replaced it with the BODY CONTOUR.

The Body Contour was born out of the creation of the SAGAX LUX. The SL was created for a very specific client who needed an AIWB holster with a concealment light that actually concealed. (i.e. you go to foreign prison if they find you have a gun). Really, this was the result of about 5 years of slow trial and error trying to build a WML holster that worked to our performance standards. I am sure it can be better, but based on everything I know right now it is the best I can do. However, based on the track record thus far with the VELO, my guess is new synergies will happen and the SL will continue to improve as the VELO has.

For years, I have been quiet and just tinkered on the sidelines. I am pretty well aware of most things in the industry over the last 20 years. I have carried daily (privately and professionally) during that time and been an overly analytical gear nut all those years as well. I have been designing holsters since 2006ish. I didn’t sell anything until 2017 because I couldn’t make anything that met all my performance and quality standards until then. Even with that, I believe the products coming out of the shop today make the 2017 stuff look like child’s play.

I haven’t seen everything, but in the holster space, it is likely that I have tinkered, deconstructed or tested any products considered for serious use. There are lots of companies that make great quality gear and most of the gear you guys talk about on this forum is good quality stuff that is worth the money and worth the use. From my perspective, I am on good terms with all the other companies in the holster space (at least the ones where I have met/worked with the people involved).

That being said, my objective for Tenicor is to make the highest performing product in its category. This is a lofty goal and ultimately it is for the customer to decide. But when we release a product it is because we believe it is the best. (I hope my competition also feels the same about their product and shares that with the world.)

In my experience, the BODY CONTOUR is truly unique. It is the result of a development process that starts with the end state (all day comfort and concealment) and works back to the holster. Based on what I have seen out there, I’d wager this is the opposite of how most wedges are created. Most start with the holster and add stuff until they think it is good enough. Whether it is a yoga block, insole, or molded on the holster. (I can think of one other exception, but I don’t actually know the process, DSG…).

DanM…yes, a wing might be more important than a wedge, but the Body Contour is something different.

Larry T…The Body Contour is nothing like John’s molded in wedge. (props to him for a good holster). We don’t care about the cool kids and being instafamous. We build stuff that works, period. The BC is for serious concealment that belongs close to the hip point.

Ssb…the body contour is designed to make full and consistent contact with the body eliminating hots spots for the vast majority of people.

Nephrology…we think it is a big deal, so big I’d just throw away a Gen3 VELO and buy this ;-)

Dontshakepandas…the Body Contour is pretty dissimilar to the previous gen3 wedge, hence the different name. Not sure about SL in G17. No demand on the Gov side currently but that might change.

JAD…we are familiar with Tony’s products and he makes great holsters. We highly recommend them if there is one that works for you. However, the Body Contour is different than anything we have seen in both comfort and performance. It is hard to show or describe, you kinda have to experience it.

Le Francais…from Gen3 forward all the hardware is captured. We are not aware of any other thermoformer that is doing this and it is a vast improvement in security and performance.

Alex…we have had lots of demand for model specific holsters, particularly on the GOV side. Hence, we are going to try it for awhile and see how it goes. For Glock, the Body Contour is in the same location on all holsters. The difference is muzzle coverage. For the 26 and other subcompacts we have what is called a Concealment Cut. The backside length is dictated by the BC and the front side is dictated by the hardware. It is much shorter. Many female customers wanted this as tighter fit clothing made it look like they had an extra appendage.

Vandal…Video on IG/Facebook, but I’ll try to post it here too.
    Why doesn’t the sweat guard on the Velo for the G48 go all the way to the end of the slide? I was interested in purchasing one, but I run Trijicon HDs on my Glocks. Those things are sharp. If the sweat guard doesn’t cover the sight all the way to the end of the slide that’s a no go for me.
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 07-25-2019 at 06:54 AM.

How long till left handed versions become available?
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Mine arrived today and my initial thoughts from trying it on are favorable.

The body contour definitely feels better than the wedge on the old version to me.

If I had known that the holster length doesn't affect the contour location for this generation I may have went with the Glock 19 length since I don't ever carry anything longer than that, but the extra length wasn't noticable.

I do think I'd prefer having the contour a bit further towards the muzzle. Having the location vary with the length of the holster may give people a little flexibility to deal with variances in body type, ride height, and pants waist height. I think it's hard to come up with one specific setup that will work for everyone.

I think an adjustable body contour that could be removed or attached like a Raven Eidolon pad but in multiple height locations would be amazing. I think Tenicor is on to something with the shape, so the ability to really dial it in to what works for your body type would be a game changer.

The only other thing I'm not sure I care for it's the ledge to "protect" RMR buttons. I understand what they are going for with that ledge, but I've never had an issue with the brightness being thanks inadvertently. I do adjust my RMR under my shirt throughout the day as I move through different lighting environments and this feature my block my access to the button. However, if it isn't something I can learn to work around I can always reshape the plastic a bit in that area to solve the problem.

The attached photo shows the body contour on the left and the old wedge on the right.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My Sagax is in. Initial impressions on the body contour are very favorable. Concealment is on par with my Gen 3 Velo using the medium sized wing. Thus far, very comfortable. Retention feels a little different than the Velo and I had to crank it down more to get it to where I like it, but that's probably a function of having the WML (I'm not used to having one). I'd almost describe it as like a leather holster, where there's friction all over as opposed to clicking in at a few points.
    Last edited by ssb; 07-25-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    My Sagax is in. Initial impressions on the body contour are very favorable. Concealment is on par with my Gen 3 Velo using the medium sized wing. Thus far, very comfortable. Retention feels a little different than the Velo and I had to crank it down more to get it to where I like it, but that's probably a function of having the WML (I'm not used to having one). I'd almost describe it as like a leather holster, where there's friction all over as opposed to clicking in at a few points.
    Is the retention adequate without a light as well?

Since the holster allows part of some lights to be exposed at the bottom, do you think it would be possible for something to contact the light at that point and knock the gun loose? I've had this happen with open bottomed holsters where the slide extends and it was enough to develop a bit of a complex.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Is the retention adequate without a light as well?
    Yes. The retention is very similar without the gun, though a bit less drag on the draw. Were I using the Sagax as a dedicated non-WML holster, I would crank it down a bit tighter -- but that's why the Velo exists, so why do that?. It takes a little more finesse to holster without the light, but once the gun is in the molded track it goes in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Since the holster allows part of some lights to be exposed at the bottom, do you think it would be possible for something to contact the light at that point and knock the gun loose? I've had this happen with open bottomed holsters where the slide extends and it was enough to develop a bit of a complex.
    Possible but not probable. It'd really be one of those perfect storm sort of things given where the light is located. But yes, given enough force, I can push the gun up with my finger. However, as noted above, the retention on this holster seems to have friction all over, sort of like a leather holster. It's not a gun bucket when the gun isn't fully seated, and with my current retention setting, I can actually push the light in to where the bezel is flush with the kydex, turn the (unloaded, obviously...) gun upside down, and shake it pretty vigorously. The gun is still retained*.

*Yes, I'm aware of the criticisms of the "shake test," but it illustrates a point here.
    Last edited by ssb; 07-25-2019 at 07:03 PM.

My first range trip with the Sagax Lux went well.

As I have it configured, it's fast. I was consistently in the high 1.3s/low 1.4s range to B8s out to 7 yards, and the fastest draw of the day was a 1.31s hit to the black at 5 yards to start the 5 yard string of the Super Test. Draws to a 3x5 at 7 yards were in the mid-1.6s range, whereas my run at a Defoor hat test produced a 1.82s draw.

Comfort is vastly superior to the Gen 3 Velo (wedge design) on my body. First, the hot spot created by the wedge is eliminated. Second, the shorter muzzle no longer provides for a hot spot when seated. Both holsters use a squared-off muzzle which would accommodate a compensator or longer slide, but my preference would be for a rounded-off bottom. Nevertheless, as this holster is a tad longer than Glock 19 length, it doesn't present that issue for me. This is some of the most comfortable kydex I've ever carried.

Carry and concealment are similar excellent. Concealment is at or above my Gen 3 Velo and rivals my experiences with the 5-Shot Leather SME, though without the belt bulge. The holster is stable. I like the adjustable claw/whatever they call it and am currently using the medium size. I don't know that I'd need a large: the grip stays flat to my stomach as is, and the rotation is sufficient to where I'm concerned that any more would make my RMR print significantly. The holster is very stable: there is no roll-out, and the holster stays put in the position it's left in (i.e. doesn't shift throughout the day).

The DCC/T1 clips are, as everybody knows, excellent. After using them since February I really can't imagine using anything else for IWB carry. They're just that good, and have obsoleted soft loops for me.

In sum, it's letting me carry a WML-equipped RMR'd Glock with a high degree of comfort and concealment without compromising access. I think it's worth every penny.

Can we expect the adjustable calming bar of the Sagax Lux to make a debut on the VELO in Gen5?

Site Supporter
    The SAGAX LUX seems to work with the Nightstick 550xl so far. The holster seems to conceal well for me but the body contour may be too much for me, not sure yet.

User Tag List