Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

How is everyone liking their Velo’s? I go back and forth between carrying the G19 and G26, but lately wanted to carry AIWB more often. I prefer the G19 in the appendix position, so I decided to try the Velo.

After two weeks, I am hooked. I’ve always split the belt loop when I carried appendix, so the angled wedge at the bottom of the holster rests perfectly flat against me.

This may be a unique situation, but I find the molded plastic wedge more comfortable than a foam wedge. Additionally, the elevated portion near the trigger guard does a nice job tucking the grip, without needing a wing.

The only concern I have is long term use, since the kydex is quite thin; however the thinness and the DCC clips add to the concealment of the holster.

I forgot how much faster I am with a G19 vs a G26.

I split about 50/50 with the Velo and JMCK 2.0. I can't declare a clear winner between the two. Most of the time it comes down to the pants I'm wearing and belt loop position. My Velo has the DCC clips and my JMCK has PTD loops. I know the clips are all the rage, but if I had to pick one I'd go with the loops. I find them easier to manage and I don't see a difference for me in concealment.

Both holsters I mentioned are great, and each do what they do very well. If I want / need to wear closer to the hip (1:30 - 1:45) the Velo does it a little better than the JMCK. By the same token, if I carry in front of a belt loop more towards centerline (12:30 - 1:00) the JMCK wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    You got me.

I’ll order one.

I love your OWB holsters and I think this may be the same.

Also, any chance for a holster for the CZ P-10C? Even a prototype: I’ll supply the pistol to make the mold. [emoji1431]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are looking at the P10C but no current plans.
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    We are looking at the P10C but no current plans.
    It’s a start.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another +1 for the Velo here. I picked up a used G19 Velo for a good price on the local gun boards expecting to sell it if/when it didn't work out for me like many other wedge holster designs have done. Turns it it makes concealing my G19.4+ACRO almost as easy as concealing my G48 in a Morrigan. My non-optics G19 disappears with it. Bought a new G48 Velo from SKD last weekend, received it yesterday, and discovered it's the first tuckable holster I've ever owned that not only has the capability to be worn tucked in, but actually conceals the damn gun when doing so. A Certum or ARX will definitely be on my short list for suit/jacket carry down the line.

Does anyone happen to know of a DCC clip for these Velo holsters that will work with a 1-3/4" belt? The offset holes seem to limit the options.

I got a Tenicor Velo LH Glock 34 length on Friday. I'm wearing it now, and holy cow...

Super comfortable and conceals as well my other holster that's slightly less comfortable. Not sure about that sweat guard though. Has anyone here ever cut theirs off?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Newportl View Post
    Does anyone happen to know of a DCC clip for these Velo holsters that will work with a 1-3/4" belt? The offset holes seem to limit the options.
    They don't work with 1.5". Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I got a Tenicor Velo LH Glock 34 length on Friday. I'm wearing it now, and holy cow...

Super comfortable and conceals as well my other holster that's slightly less comfortable. Not sure about that sweat guard though. Has anyone here ever cut theirs off?
    Lots of folks cut them. Doing it just at the top of the slide stop blocking. A sanding sponge works well to clean up and round the edges/corners.

Very happy with my G19 riding in a Velvo. Was skeptical about the lack of a soft wedge but wearing it directly over my inguinal crease works great and is very comfortable. Short of a NPE where I have to tuck my shirt, the Velvo is my preferred setup. DCC clips get some taking use to because they really, really grip but offer a great balance between ease of removal and security.
    Last edited by Yute; 06-03-2019 at 08:23 PM.

User Tag List