Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

Will the malus sol retain the gun without the light?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Will the malus sol retain the gun without the light?

Jason
    No.

Thanks

Jason

8 days of 12+ hour use.

Note the mentioned wedge and the soft Velcro on the light bezel portion

The square nuts on the dcc clip screws haven’t loosened no tilted with vigorous use.

I have to say I’m pleasantly surprise by this kydex

The open muzzle isn’t a deal breaker like it appears as the built in wedge alone would keep the comp distanced from your junk.

Name:  CB3E1EA8-6854-4489-A868-B7CB1FC8B48F.jpg
Views: 1369
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  279AC2DE-22D1-4DF5-9ED8-E775E9E2653D.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  104.4 KB

Name:  5690D2FC-BDDB-4301-84B9-6AC908A67A92.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  97.1 KB

Bought a VELO4 to carry my G45 with compensator in. I honestly had reservations about the molded-in body contouring possibly being uncomfortable, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised to find quite the opposite. I find it more comfortable than an added wedge, most notably I’ve used the Dr Scholl’s pad. The ride height for the holster is also a plus as I’ve usually found myself wishing to get my holster and gun a little higher so I don’t hit my belt with my knuckles on the draw. Can definitely appreciate the thoughtful design apparent in the final product.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

I've had to reposition and re-tighten the clips due to them moving out of sync...so one would go over the belt but the other was a skosh shy of doing so.

I’ve noticed this issue myself, and while a minor inconvenience it does get annoying to continually address and then re-tune the retention. My only other critique for the holster is I wish the belt bump was a little bigger for better grip rotation, but that might require some redesign with the wedge shaping so as to not become uncomfortable.

I did start looking at the Certum for its adjustable cam bar and clips being separate from the retention screws, but alas Tenicor doesn’t offer it in G34 length and when contacted stated they had no plans for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’ve noticed this issue myself, and while a minor inconvenience it does get annoying to continually address and then re-tune the retention. My only other critique for the holster is I wish the belt bump was a little bigger for better grip rotation, but that might require some redesign with the wedge shaping so as to not become uncomfortable.

I did start looking at the Certum for its adjustable cam bar and clips being separate from the retention screws, but alas Tenicor doesn’t offer it in G34 length and when contacted stated they had no plans for it.
    I sold the Tenicor some months back to another forum member in your state. Interestingly, he never got back to me one way or the other after it was delivered.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I sold the Tenicor some months back to another forum member in your state. Interestingly, he never got back to me one way or the other after it was delivered.
    Any particular reason you decided to get rid of the holster?

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Any particular reason you decided to get rid of the holster?
    A few reasons.

Having to fiddle with getting the DCC clips to remain aligned so that they would mate up properly when securing the holster to my belt. (I also didn't particularly care for having one of the clips connected to the retention screw adjustment.)

The body contour didn't always match the best positioning / placement for comfort or concealment.

The lack of vertical depth of the holster didn't provide the best concealment for me. A little more length to tuck the notorious "rear corner of the Glock slide" and prevent making a dimple in the cover garment would have been helpful. It didn't protect against a bit of roll out as much as I had desired, due to the shorter profile.

In the end, my G17 sized DSG Orions, and G19 sized JMCK "George" just "fit" me and concealed better, so I decided to sell the Tenicor as it was in virtually new condition. (Plus I didn't have to fiddle with the fitment as the DCC clips.)

Hope that helps. I will say that I think the Tenicor holster was very well built and exuded quality. It just wasn't a perfect fit for me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Name:  IMG_20210704_132853.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  41.6 KB

Wow, game changer for me. Now I can comfortably carry a wml all the time.

User Tag List