Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I picked up a Tenicor Malus Sol for my new "Fauxland Special". Only able to dry fire with it for now due to quarantine. But so far, I am really liking it. The combination of concealment aiding features and the DCC clips make the entire pistol disappear on me. The clips are a total pain in the ass to get on, but once in place, they aren't moving. Here it is compared to my older JM Wing Claw 2.5 that I've used for a couple years. Belt is a 1.5" Mean Gene.

That looks like one of the best ways to accommodate an X300U for AIWB that I've seen. I just couldn't get used to the length for long periods of sitting and switched to the TLR7-A with a Tenicor Sagax Lux and I'm very happy with it.

The only issue I've had is that the built in wedge is more slippery than a foam wedge so it would eventually start to move or allow my undershirt to move past it and untuck itself. I stuck some soft side velcro on the wedge to give it more texture and that solved the problem.

I'm wearing the Velo 4 with a G26 today. Once the wrestling with the DCC clips is done with, it's a very nice holster (provided you have figured out the best location.)

I've had to reposition and re-tighten the clips due to them moving out of sync...so one would go over the belt but the other was a skosh shy of doing so.

Anyway, it's a nice holster to have in the arsenal alongside DSG and JMCK (and a couple of old Masterminds).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm wearing the Velo 4 with a G26 today. Once the wrestling with the DCC clips is done with, it's a very nice holster (provided you have figured out the best location.)

I've had to reposition and re-tighten the clips due to them moving out of sync...so one would go over the belt but the other was a skosh shy of doing so.
    ).
    This was why I gave mine away. The trigger side clip being tied into the retention adjustment is a full stop for me.

Too much retention or a loose clip. Negative.

The issue was addressed by tenicore - who basically said I was wrong for not liking it and the slight movement of the clip wasn’t a real world concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    This was why I gave mine away. The trigger side clip being tied into the retention adjustment is a full stop for me.

Too much retention or a loose clip. Negative.
    I haven't had that issue. Retention is just right and that's with the hardware screwed down tight. Probably just some tolerance differences.

I haven't had that issue. Retention is just right and that's with the hardware screwed down tight. Probably just some tolerance differences.
    Likely.

I’m super picky about ride height, cant and angle so I’m not surprised to have found fault with it.

It was enough that I never considered buying from them again despite having spent, $3500+ on kydex since then

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Likely.

I’m super picky about ride height, cant and angle so I’m not surprised to have found fault with it.

It was enough that I never considered buying from them again despite having spent, $3500+ on kydex since then
    Shit, that's more than my ragtag collection of six firearms is worth...or close to it.

(Wish I could say the same about my knife collection.)

Shit, that's more than my ragtag collection of six firearms is worth...or close to it.

(Wish I could say the same about my knife collection.)
    That Just means you’re a lot smarter than me.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    That looks like one of the best ways to accommodate an X300U for AIWB that I've seen. I just couldn't get used to the length for long periods of sitting and switched to the TLR7-A with a Tenicor Sagax Lux and I'm very happy with it.

The only issue I've had is that the built in wedge is more slippery than a foam wedge so it would eventually start to move or allow my undershirt to move past it and untuck itself. I stuck some soft side velcro on the wedge to give it more texture and that solved the problem.
    I have a pair of twin sister G19.5 with RM06s. One with a Surefire X300U with Comp, the other with a Streamlight TLR 7A and no comp. One is in a Malus Sol the second is in a Sagax Lux. The trick for me is to not wear my belt that tight. When I sit down, I just pull up the gun to ride a little higher while I sit. Note, while sitting the Malus Sol conceals better in the the length of the comp / light pull the gun back into my body where as the Sagax Lux rolls out away from my body. I carry the full size light with comp 90s of the time.

Dontshakepandas, get a different belt, the bottom of those clips will eat that leather belt in short order. From trial and error on my end, those clips gave me the business at first, now they are absolutely no issue and I wouldn't trade them for any type of plastic clip on the market.

From a relatively loose belt, the gun is slid inside of the waist band. As a right hander, I grab inside of my waistband with my right thumb and index finger just to my right of the camming bar and pull the waistband away from me. Then then at the same time, with my left hand, I grab the bottom of the clips with my middle and ring finger and pull the clips away from my body as I pull the clips to the bottom of the belt most of the way. I finish by push down on the holster to totally seat the clips at the bottom of the belt.

My biggest issue was when I tried to position the holster the camming bar would catch on my belt and not go into position. Now I just pull out on the belt and waistband in an area that allows the camming bar to go into position with my right hand as I open both clips at once with my left hand.

Lonnger to describe than to show you, but hope that this helps putting these clips on.

Love these holsters and this method of carrying. I have a draw full of AIWB holsters that did not work for me. Tenicor is fantastic in every way compared to the others that I have tried.

Post Tenicor Glock to CZ P-10c

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Hmmm....

I’ll try tonight to see if it does.

I doubt that it will because they use very thick Kydex so it’s not LIKELY to give but it may.

I’ll say this: I have put a heat gun to Kydex holsters to great effect and I sense that it would not take much to get it to fit. Just loosen all fasteners, heat and form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, they can be re-purposed fora P-10C.

Heat, insert pistol. It required several iterations but it's not at all difficult. I have had more difficulty re-purposing other index holsters. THE KYDEX IS THICK so heat it slowly and take your time with it.

Unfortunately, the holster was not for me so I do not have photos. I think I have another one I purchased and I'll convert that one. I'll take and upload photos.

I've switched back to the PTD loops on the Velo 4. I find the DCC clips a bit too fiddly with my main belt, a Mastermind "Parameter". It's rare that one or the other clip doesn't have to be adjusted due to moving slightly out of position, allowing one to be secured but the other slightly out of position to hook underneath the belt.

If the belt was slightly less thick it might be less of an issue, but as it is, the PTDs are going to get another look.

I like the other features of the holster...and it makes a good companion to the others in my lineup.

User Tag List