Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I wonder why this is the case since the clips lay flatter?
    I can't explain it. I had the clips set up for the lowest ride and the corner of the slide printed more than I was comfortable with...with both G26 and G19.

I really was pretty much set on sending it back when I decided to try out the loops I had in the shop downstairs. Didn't think it would make an ounce of improvement so you can imagine my surprise.

I have the PTDs set up in the highest set of holes for the lowest ride. I didn't measure if there is a difference in ride height with the clips in the lowest ride position vs. the loops.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I can't explain it. I had the clips set up for the lowest ride and the corner of the slide printed more than I was comfortable with...with both G26 and G19.

I really was pretty much set on sending it back when I decided to try out the loops I had in the shop downstairs. Didn't think it would make an ounce of improvement so you can imagine my surprise.

I have the PTDs set up in the highest set of holes for the lowest ride. I didn't measure if there is a difference in ride height with the clips in the lowest ride position vs. the loops.
    Now it makes sense.
    Last edited by GAP; 01-09-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Ah that’s too bad.. I wasn’t a fan of the newest version either. I have two of the 3rd generations with the slimmer angled wedge, rather than the “bubble” that didn’t seem to do much for me.
    It very well may be the best of the new breed. I wouldn't be a good judge of that as I don't have an appreciation for the engineering of wings, claws, bulbs or wedges of the state of the art AIWB holster. My AIWB use spans a few decades with S&W J through N frames, 1911s and a few more in between and I prefer trim slim as possible form factors ie the Jonathan. Hence my quip WTF was I thinking. I dremeled off the claw of high end holster a few years ago and preferred it without. It's me. I'll own that.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have the second or third gen and I too experienced issues with my 43 holster until I started using just the bottom DCC clip.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Now it makes sense.
    In looking at the images on the Tenicor site one can clearly see that the DCC clips will not allow quite as deep carry as the top holes for mounting PTD loops. (See image below.)

That's probably the main difference as to why the PTD loops work better concealing my guns...and it's also possible that the clips were so tightly fitted to the belt that they "may" have contributed to a little bit of "roll out" at the top of the slide.

In any event, I find that they are also more easily attached and positioned so trying them out before returning the holster turned out to be a win-win.

The top mounting holes for the PTD just allow me to get a good grip on the Glocks without skinning my knuckles, or only very lightly at the belt line.

Now I'll get to see how the holster works out with the G19 and G26 over the coming days to get a better evaluation of its capabilities.

Name:  NEW_VELO_G19_WHITE_BOX_MUZZLE_DOWN_CLIPS_LOGO.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  27.1 KB
    Last edited by blues; 01-10-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Too late to edit my post above, but even though in this image the PTDs are in the middle hole of the three available, you can see where the deeper concealment is available with the PTD or fixed loops.

I am patiently waiting for someone like DCC to make a metal clip that mounts "upside down" like a PTD loop.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I am patiently waiting for someone like DCC to make a metal clip that mounts "upside down" like a PTD loop.
    DCC Monoblock coming very soon

Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    DCC Monoblock coming very soon

That's EXACTLY what I'm hoping for!! PERFECT!!

It would be even better if I could somehow get that onto my 5Shot SME...
    Last edited by theJanitor; 01-10-2020 at 01:27 PM.

What is the advantage, on the monoblock, to having two spring clips versus one long wide one. You can't split a belt loop. Is it just impractical to have a wider clip? Seems it would be easier to manage...(read manhandle).

Looks like a great option to use with some of my holsters.

Here's a link to an article:

https://www.recoilweb.com/new-metal-...ts-155585.html

ETA: I guess I can think of a couple of reasons why two legs would be better than one in this application, depending on the shape of the underlying holster and support.
    Last edited by blues; 01-10-2020 at 02:26 PM.

User Tag List