Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

What are the downsides of using the slots for the folded-in tabs to run a pull-handle of 550 cord, run through the slots of both hooks and tucked beneath the belt when the holster is worn?

The purpose would be so that you could pull down on both hooks simultaneously, taking the slack out; and then pulling outwards simultaneously so that both tabs release the underside of the belt.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

It's Epic

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    Anyone here ever try one of these?

https://tenicor.com/collections/fron...12221798285387

Looks like a pretty well thought out design. Just wondering why I've never heard of them before. Maybe not out long enough...
    I do. I think this holster is changing the game. I used it during some FoF drills and the T1 Clips held up amazingly well. I also really like the one piece design with the concealment claw and angled wedge built into the holster. My buddy drove from Texas to Tennessee and called it one of the most comfortable holsters he's ever had. You also can't beat that price for all it capabilities out of the box.

I love my Tenicore AWB holsters(I have 3). Question for those of you who updated from the older style Velo AWB to the Gen 4...is it worth updating or would you just keep the old ones?

I have been interested in these holsters for a bit now, sadly I have limited interest in going down Glock/S&W/SIG road any time soon. Do you guys have any idea when we might expect to see this line support Tier 1 pistols from the likes of Walther, Beretta, H&K or CZ? If it's not looking good I may have to try and fan the Glock flame again...

Reading the reviews here is really encouraging, to say the least... not to mention the designs look great as a whole (well thought out). I have pretty much been totally avoiding kydex for years, but the more I use leather the more I realize kydex does have some real advantages. Consistency being one of them, both in the fact you have to break them in and also the draw itself isn't always the same.

The fact that Tenicor offers the kind of guarantee they do also speaks volumes about how they feel about their products, it is practically unheard of to see that kind of backing your gear. This alone makes me want to try it, I guess it just grows very tiring getting holster that look great in a lot of ways that end up falling short and you are left holding the bag trying to recoup your $$.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 09-19-2019 at 05:50 PM.

So I picked up a Sagax Lux after wanting to add a WML to my G19 but not being a big guy I don't have room to comfortably wear an X300 AIWB... Standing, yes, but not sitting or actively moving about.
    But the TLR7 in the Sagax Lux is just small enough that I can wear it with no issue.
    I was very happy with the comfort and concealment provided by my RCS Eidolon and I can now say the Sagax Lux is at least as comfortable and that's with the addition of the WML, so that's impressive.
    The holster body seems to create a bit thicker profile at my belt line causing slightly more printing there but the butt of the 19 is better concealed causing less printing there, so it's a bit of a wash.
    The huge integral wedge works as well as described and was comfortable and natural feeling within 2 days. Being Kydex it's nice that it can move around a bit without grabbing your underwear and causing hot spots the way the RCS rubber pad can sometimes do.
    As far as build quality is concerned, it is top notch... Crisp clean lines and well finished edges.
    The integral "claw" works great and the size adjustment allows for as much torqueing as anyone could possibly desire, or none at all.
    The DCC clips are the shit, as most people already know... You just have to get used to the slightly awkward techniques required to don and remove them. It's not a one-handed operation but it can be done rapidly once mastered.
    It will definitely hold the G19 securely sans a WML but holstering is kind of funky until you get the gun almost fully seated as there's no light to help guide the slide into the proper position.
    The Eidolon is the only AIWB I have extensive time spent wearing so I can only compare to it but I can definitely say I have not given up any comfort or concealment but I have added a WML, so that's an impressive achievement in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    I love my Tenicore AWB holsters(I have 3). Question for those of you who updated from the older style Velo AWB to the Gen 4...is it worth updating or would you just keep the old ones?
    Yes, worth the upgrade and is more comfortable but I still struggle with the wedge and wish it was available without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I have been interested in these holsters for a bit now, sadly I have limited interest in going down Glock/S&W/SIG road any time soon. Do you guys have any idea when we might expect to see this line support Tier 1 pistols from the likes of Walther, Beretta, H&K or CZ? If it's not looking good I may have to try and fan the Glock flame again...

Reading the reviews here is really encouraging, to say the least... not to mention the designs look great as a whole (well thought out). I have pretty much been totally avoiding kydex for years, but the more I use leather the more I realize kydex does have some real advantages. Consistency being one of them, both in the fact you have to break them in and also the draw itself isn't always the same.

The fact that Tenicor offers the kind of guarantee they do also speaks volumes about how they feel about their products, it is practically unheard of to see that kind of backing your gear. This alone makes me want to try it, I guess it just grows very tiring getting holster that look great in a lot of ways that end up falling short and you are left holding the bag trying to recoup your $$.
    You are considering switching to carrying a pistol you don’t like in order to use a holster you’ve never tried before?

Not what I’d do but ok.

I have been using a JMCK 2.5 wingclaw for a couple of years now, but I like to tinker so I ordered a Tenicor Gen 4 to try. It arrived yesterday, and so far I really like it. I haven't gotten a hot spot from the claw like I do with the wingclaw. Of course, it has only been a day but I am impressed so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Just picked up the Gen 4 Velo last night. Overall, the design is very much improved in both concealment and comfort. I was worried about the length being too short but that's not the case at all. The clips that came with mine have the new DCC finish. The clamping force also seems to be substantially stronger. My old Velo will still see use and will be dedicated for riding/running. For those on the fence, I highly recommend it.

I recently got the Sagax Lux for my RMR'ed G19. I love it, with the exception that the pointy ear of the RMR likes to poke out like a 3rd nipple. I made a modification to help with that that might help others with a similar issue- I drilled a couple holes and mounted one of the extra camming bars on the top of the sight channel. It helps push the belt out to conceal the RMR ear. It does add a bit of belt line bulge, but that's an acceptable trade off for me.

Name:  IMG_20191004_140705.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  38.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20191004_140657.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  60.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20191004_140617.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  21.2 KB

User Tag List