Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

The Velo is on sale 15% right now. According to Tenicor's official instagram a gen 4 variation of the Velo is set to be released shortly, most likely at Triggercon 2019. I've been using a gen 2 for 8+ months now for both the 43 and 19/26, I'll most likely be upgrading to a gen 4 just because. It seems a WML option may be set to release shortly according to little hints posted on instagram, but no plans for the x300.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    The Velo is on sale 15% right now. According to Tenicor's official instagram a gen 4 variation of the Velo is set to be released shortly, most likely at Triggercon 2019. I've been using a gen 2 for 8+ months now for both the 43 and 19/26, I'll most likely be upgrading to a gen 4 just because. It seems a WML option may be set to release shortly according to little hints posted on instagram, but no plans for the x300.
    I got a Velo in November 2018. What generation would that be? What are the differences in generations?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I got a Velo in November 2018. What generation would that be? What are the differences in generations?
    Hi,

I believe you have the gen 2, which was the first Velo that offered the t1 clips. The gen 3 was released alongside the G43X/G48 holster which had a revised sight channel and square hardware that was captured via new molding within the holster. Virtually zero different between gen 2 and 3. Apparently the gen 4 is going to offer something a little more.

Update: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz9TD2ngz2A/

Holster is now molded with a body contour rather than a wedge. Looks promising.

Crap I was hoping for no wedge/body contour.

So far I’ve found that a wing has been more important than the wedge in order for a holster to conceal well for me. I don’t know if this will be as revolutionary as some are saying but I’m curious. I’ll see if I can find someone to let me try one out when it’s released.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Jeff says in the Instagram clip "The wedge is dead...". The new contour looks like a larger version of the PHLster Classic Teardrop. I'll be interested to see how the new version works versus the old when wearing a little closer to 1:00 compared to 2:00. As it is now, I rotate between the Velo and JMCK 2.0 depending on belt loop position and how close to the hip crease I need to wear.

In addition to the new wedge/teardrop design, they're apparently doing a TLR7 AIWB and TLR7 ARX.

I've experimented with adding foam to reshape the wedge on mine. The sharp angle gives me a hotspot at times which the foam eliminates. I think the newer design would be better still.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    How is everyone liking their Velo’s? I go back and forth between carrying the G19 and G26, but lately wanted to carry AIWB more often. I prefer the G19 in the appendix position, so I decided to try the Velo.

After two weeks, I am hooked. I’ve always split the belt loop when I carried appendix, so the angled wedge at the bottom of the holster rests perfectly flat against me.

This may be a unique situation, but I find the molded plastic wedge more comfortable than a foam wedge. Additionally, the elevated portion near the trigger guard does a nice job tucking the grip, without needing a wing.

The only concern I have is long term use, since the kydex is quite thin; however the thinness and the DCC clips add to the concealment of the holster.

I forgot how much faster I am with a G19 vs a G26.
    I love it. It rides close to the body and it’s comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new stuff is up on their sight.

Jason

User Tag List