Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Phrasing!
    Pardon my Marvin Gaye moment.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Here’s a little clip Tenicor made on putting a holster on. https://www.instagram.com/p/BwIWS2An...d=sohm9ogtp6kp

Jason

I have one for the p365. I had a really hard time getting it on the belt as well. I ended up using just one clip which seems like it’s enough for the tiny gun. The bulb/wedge tuck thing being so much closer to the mouth of the holster on the small gun makes it hard to get the holster body far enough past the belt to use it as a lever to open the clips. It’s a great holster once it’s on. We really do live in a great time for holsters and pistols. So many options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Here’s a little clip Tenicor made on putting a holster on. https://www.instagram.com/p/BwIWS2An...d=sohm9ogtp6kp

Jason
    That’s how I do it, except I straddle the belt loop.

The clips get easier to put on as you use them. They are about perfect right now; if they get weakened over time I’ll just put a few snap loops on.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I have one for the p365. I had a really hard time getting it on the belt as well. I ended up using just one clip which seems like it’s enough for the tiny gun. The bulb/wedge tuck thing being so much closer to the mouth of the holster on the small gun makes it hard to get the holster body far enough past the belt to use it as a lever to open the clips. It’s a great holster once it’s on. We really do live in a great time for holsters and pistols. So many options.
    Well don't feel bad as I was having fun and games trying to get the G19 sized Velo hooked on to my Mastermind / Graith belt.

The consolation prize, as mentioned in the posts above, was that the PTD loops actually concealed better because of the slightly deeper placement they afforded. (But I figured I'd try to get some tips on simplifying installation on the belt in case I decide to give the clips a go again down the road.)

Diggin' the body contour so far. No hot spots. Rides right in the inguinal crease.

Comfortable in the 4Runner or on the couch or at the dining table. Tucks the slide up into the torso pretty well. Maybe not quite as much as the thickest of my Mastermind wedges, but certainly adequate.

The G19 length turns out to be a good idea since the body contour on a 17 length holster would be the same and the extra length would not add any leverage into the body since the muzzle end doesn't touch the torso.

So far, so good. Had to adjust the tension for the G19 which I am carrying vs. the G26. The Gen 3 frame must be slightly wider than my previous Gen 2 it replaced. Used to be that my Gen 2.5 G26 was the wider of the two guns. Now it's the 19 so I had to let it out a little.

If @jeffm is reading this thread, it'd be interesting to find out if he could get DCC clips that are slightly longer so that they would provide as deep concealment as the loops. It's not a vast difference but it is pretty startling how much a difference of a quarter or half inch deeper fit can conceal the rig.

Anyway...good stuff so far.
    Last edited by blues; 01-11-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Diggin' the body contour so far. No hot spots. Rides right in the inguinal crease.

Comfortable in the 4Runner or on the couch or at the dining table. Tucks the slide up into the torso pretty well. Maybe not quite as much as the thickest of my Mastermind wedges, but certainly adequate.

The G19 length turns out to be a good idea since the body contour on a 17 length holster would be the same and the extra length would not add any leverage into the body since the muzzle end doesn't touch the torso.

So far, so good. Had to adjust the tension for the G19 which I am carrying vs. the G26. The Gen 3 frame must be slightly wider than my previous Gen 2 it replaced. Used to be that my Gen 2.5 G26 was the wider of the two guns. Now it's the 19 so I had to let it out a little.

If @jeffm is reading this thread, it'd be interesting to find out if he could get DCC clips that are slightly longer so that they would provide as deep concealment as the loops. It's not a vast difference but it is pretty startling how much a difference of a quarter or half inch deeper fit can conceal the rig.

Anyway...good stuff so far.
    Good to hear, I’ve gone to the Velo for at least the past year because it’s thinner without a big foam wedge. I don’t know why, but the wedges are really uncomfortable for me and somehow a plastic molded one isn’t. My longest drive with it on was seven hours (one way) and I was perfectly fine.

I have some belts that are ever-so-slightly taller than 1.5" which makes getting those DCC clips a little more difficult, esp. when a little pants fabric gets above the belt. To make holstering up easier, I apply thumb pressure to the logo while pulling the tab and push the logo into the belt when hooking the tooth. Works for me.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I just received an email from SKD announcing Ninecor - Tenicor factory seconds with cosmetic deficiencies, may be a good way for those of us wanting to try the products at a discount. Look to be in the $50-60 range so far. Mostly glock stuff at the moment. Some older models but also a gen 4 Velo as of now. Here's the "press release" from the page.

Tenicor endeavors to bring the highest quality products to market.
    A result is a high number of perfectly functional holsters that don’t meet the fit and finish standards for our primary line.
    Exclusively through our partners at SKD Tactical we bring you Ninecor (Nai-ne-kor), because it is not a Ten…"
    Jeff Mau CEO, Tenicor

https://www.skdtac.com/category-s/41887.htm
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I took off one of the PTD loops yesterday on the Velo 4 to see if there really was deeper concealment with the loop mounted in the top hole vs. the DCC clips locked down in the lowest position...and found that it was a very, very small margin. The images are somewhat deceptive due to where the mounting occurs.

So, I decided to try the clips out again. Got 'em on and off the belt and pants a little bit easier this time and so far, so good. I had read Jeff's comments about his recommending changing the "workflow" to get used to the clips, so I'm giving them a fair shot. I can always go back to the PTD if the clips don't work out for me.
    Last edited by blues; 01-17-2020 at 09:52 AM.

User Tag List