Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    The new stuff is up on their sight.

Jason
    Thanks. I've got an updated Velo on the way. I don't really need another holster, but I can't help myself sometimes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    How do these compare to the JMCK WC 2.5? I dont *need* another holster and would rather spend the money on ammo and mags at the moment, but if it is a dramatic improvement in comfort/concealability i will consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    How do these compare to the JMCK WC 2.5? I dont *need* another holster and would rather spend the money on ammo and mags at the moment, but if it is a dramatic improvement in comfort/concealability i will consider it.
    I have WC 2.0s and gen 3 Velos for my G43 and G19 and really like both of them. They have a lot in common, and the differences come down to pretty subtle details.

The Velos feel more compact since the "wing" is built into the mold. The Velos also seem to have a better fit for my particular guns, but both have frame modifications so that likely won't apply to all guns.

The shape of the built in wedge on gen 3 Velos doesn't work great for me, so I'm hoping the gen 4 fixes that for me. Because of that the WC 2.0 is more comfortable for me with a foam wedge.

I really like the idea of a built in wedge. It gets hot here in Texas and the foam can occasionally trap moisture from sweat and cause skin irritation for me. The built in wedge also makes putting the holster on and removing it a bit easier.

I slightly prefer the clip locations on the WC 2.0 as the wide distance creates a stable platform and can help prevent printing from an optic. The Velo does well with this too, but not quite as good which is the trade-off for being so compact.

Last edited by dontshakepandas; 07-20-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I have WC 2.0s and gen 3 Velos for my G43 and G19 and really like both of them. They have a lot in common, and the differences come down to pretty subtle details.

The Velos feel more compact since the "wing" is built into the mold. The Velos also seem to have a better fit for my particular guns, but both have frame modifications so that likely won't apply to all guns.

The shape of the built in wedge on gen 3 Velos doesn't work great for me, so I'm hoping the gen 4 fixes that for me. Because of that the WC 2.0 is more comfortable for me with a foam wedge.

I really like the idea of a built in wedge. It gets hot here in Texas and the foam can occasionally trap moisture from sweat and cause skin irritation for me. The built in wedge also makes putting the holster on and removing it a bit easier.

I slightly prefer the clip locations on the WC 2.0 as the wide distance creates a stable platform and can help prevent printing from an optic. The Velo does well with this too, but not quite as good which is the trade-off for being so compact.

I echo almost everything you said with the JMCK 2.0 and Velo. I carry a 17 and 19 in them and sometimes it comes down to where the belt loops are on my pants. I hope Jeff puts something out on why he dropped the wedge in favor of the new "body contour" and how the two approaches compare. I'm guessing this new design will be better for all the cool kids who carry closer to center-line.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Holster is now molded with a body contour rather than a wedge. Looks promising.
    JMCK was doing that with their ‘extra tuck option’ years ago. I wouldn’t call it a step backwards but it’s no novelty.
    Ignore Alien Orders

OK, yet another holster on order.

I like the built in wedge of the v2 as I find foam hot in the summer. I like the wider clip spacing of the JM but now I’m back to a foam wedge for optimal concealment in the summer.

Maybe this is the one. Maybe.

I took the plunge and bought a Sagax Lux and a TLR7. Maybe this'll be what pushes me over the edge into carrying a WML, since I'm unwilling to do an X300-size light AIWB.

I've come full circle back to the built-in wedge. As noted above, high heat and humidity can make foam uncomfortable. Also as noted above, JMCK was doing this seven years ago when I bought my first real AIWB holster. I'm really hoping Tenicor's newer wedge design will get rid of the hot spot I sometimes get on the V3 Velo.

Site Supporter
    Would anyone who has a new (Gen4?) Velo mind telling me if you’ve been able to remove and replace the hardware used to secure the belt attachments to the holster?

When I had a Velo (which seemed like a very good holster, but which I returned for several reasons), the nuts on the inside of the holster were round and nearly impossible to grip when turning the screws, thereby making adjustments to the size of the belt loops very difficult.

This is a detail, doubtless, but an important one for those who need the belt loops to be adjusted from the size set by the manufacturer. I prefer 1.75” belts, hence the concern.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I took the plunge and bought a Sagax Lux and a TLR7. Maybe this'll be what pushes me over the edge into carrying a WML, since I'm unwilling to do an X300-size light AIWB.

I've come full circle back to the built-in wedge. As noted above, high heat and humidity can make foam uncomfortable. Also as noted above, JMCK was doing this seven years ago when I bought my first real AIWB holster. I'm really hoping Tenicor's newer wedge design will get rid of the hot spot I sometimes get on the V3 Velo.
    I'll probably do the same once/if the Sagax Lux is offered in a G17 length. I'm sure some people may think that defeats the point of having a compact light, but I really need that extra length for the wedge to sit in the right place.

I also want to wait for the TLR7 models with the new switches to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Would anyone who has a new (Gen4?) Velo mind telling me if you’ve been able to remove and replace the hardware used to secure the belt attachments to the holster?

When I had a Velo (which seemed like a very good holster, but which I returned for several reasons), the nuts on the inside of the holster were round and nearly impossible to grip when turning the screws, thereby making adjustments to the size of the belt loops very difficult.

This is a detail, doubtless, but an important one for those who need the belt loops to be adjusted from the size set by the manufacturer. I prefer 1.75” belts, hence the concern.
    My Velo (v3, not the newest one) has square nuts and molding that captures those. Looks like they've retained that feature on the V4, so that should solve your issue.

User Tag List