Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor AIWB

I wonder why Jeff is offering 17, 19, and 26 in separate lengths now? I'll shoot him a message on insta and see what he says.
    Last edited by alex; 07-23-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I wonder why Jeff is offering 17, 19, and 26 in separate lengths now? I'll shoot him a message on insta and see what he says.
    I was wondering the same thing. Please let us know what he says.

Thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    My Velo (v3, not the newest one) has square nuts and molding that captures those. Looks like they've retained that feature on the V4, so that should solve your issue.
    Thanks. I purchased my Velo (not sure which generation) in early 2019. Maybe some have this problem and some don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Thanks. I purchased my Velo (not sure which generation) in early 2019. Maybe some have this problem and some don’t.
    The nuts on my V3 (with the T1 clips) are round. I haven't had any issues tightening or loosening them with finger pressure on the back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kram View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Please let us know what he says.

Thanks
    Hello Alexander,

We did add more specific sizes for various gun models. While your assumption about holster length and leverage is correct, we think it is only a factor to a certain degree (once you hit a certain length threshold, adding more doesn’t aid concealment). Additionally, we have transitioned away from a molded wedge to a body contour on the inside of the holster. This fills in the “empty space” that can occur between the holster and your body when using a wedge. One of the effects of the body contour is that it has allowed us to depend a little less on length to get the leverage necessary to keep the gun tucked against the torso. And so, with the GEN4 VELO, we decided to offer more personalized options by gun model since we think we have figured out how to offer those holsters without compromising concealment and comfort.

Thanks,

Russ Hatcher

Operations Manager

Would be nice to have a pic with a profile view of how big the body contour is.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Would be nice to have a pic with a profile view of how big the body contour is.
    I'll grab a picture for you tomorrow when mine gets here.

Hey Guys thanks for your interest in the new products and updates.

VELO Generation Questions:
    Gen1 = April 2018 to July 2018 | crappy clips, crappy sweat guard, etc but still a decent holster
    Gen2 = July 2018 to Jan 2019(for Glock, some stuff stayed on Gen2) | DCC T1 clips, wider wedge, new sweat guard
    Gen3 = Jan2019 to July 2019 | captured nuts for T1s and loops. Added button protection for the RMR, new sight channel
    Gen4 = July 2019 and on | We eliminated the wedge and replaced it with the BODY CONTOUR.

The Body Contour was born out of the creation of the SAGAX LUX. The SL was created for a very specific client who needed an AIWB holster with a concealment light that actually concealed. (i.e. you go to foreign prison if they find you have a gun). Really, this was the result of about 5 years of slow trial and error trying to build a WML holster that worked to our performance standards. I am sure it can be better, but based on everything I know right now it is the best I can do. However, based on the track record thus far with the VELO, my guess is new synergies will happen and the SL will continue to improve as the VELO has.

For years, I have been quiet and just tinkered on the sidelines. I am pretty well aware of most things in the industry over the last 20 years. I have carried daily (privately and professionally) during that time and been an overly analytical gear nut all those years as well. I have been designing holsters since 2006ish. I didn’t sell anything until 2017 because I couldn’t make anything that met all my performance and quality standards until then. Even with that, I believe the products coming out of the shop today make the 2017 stuff look like child’s play.

I haven’t seen everything, but in the holster space, it is likely that I have tinkered, deconstructed or tested any products considered for serious use. There are lots of companies that make great quality gear and most of the gear you guys talk about on this forum is good quality stuff that is worth the money and worth the use. From my perspective, I am on good terms with all the other companies in the holster space (at least the ones where I have met/worked with the people involved).

That being said, my objective for Tenicor is to make the highest performing product in its category. This is a lofty goal and ultimately it is for the customer to decide. But when we release a product it is because we believe it is the best. (I hope my competition also feels the same about their product and shares that with the world.)

In my experience, the BODY CONTOUR is truly unique. It is the result of a development process that starts with the end state (all day comfort and concealment) and works back to the holster. Based on what I have seen out there, I’d wager this is the opposite of how most wedges are created. Most start with the holster and add stuff until they think it is good enough. Whether it is a yoga block, insole, or molded on the holster. (I can think of one other exception, but I don’t actually know the process, DSG…).

DanM…yes, a wing might be more important than a wedge, but the Body Contour is something different.

Larry T…The Body Contour is nothing like John’s molded in wedge. (props to him for a good holster). We don’t care about the cool kids and being instafamous. We build stuff that works, period. The BC is for serious concealment that belongs close to the hip point.

Ssb…the body contour is designed to make full and consistent contact with the body eliminating hots spots for the vast majority of people.

Nephrology…we think it is a big deal, so big I’d just throw away a Gen3 VELO and buy this ;-)

Dontshakepandas…the Body Contour is pretty dissimilar to the previous gen3 wedge, hence the different name. Not sure about SL in G17. No demand on the Gov side currently but that might change.

JAD…we are familiar with Tony’s products and he makes great holsters. We highly recommend them if there is one that works for you. However, the Body Contour is different than anything we have seen in both comfort and performance. It is hard to show or describe, you kinda have to experience it.

Le Francais…from Gen3 forward all the hardware is captured. We are not aware of any other thermoformer that is doing this and it is a vast improvement in security and performance.

Alex…we have had lots of demand for model specific holsters, particularly on the GOV side. Hence, we are going to try it for awhile and see how it goes. For Glock, the Body Contour is in the same location on all holsters. The difference is muzzle coverage. For the 26 and other subcompacts we have what is called a Concealment Cut. The backside length is dictated by the BC and the front side is dictated by the hardware. It is much shorter. Many female customers wanted this as tighter fit clothing made it look like they had an extra appendage.

Vandal…Video on IG/Facebook, but I’ll try to post it here too.
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Site Supporter
    Just ordered a SAGAX LUX. I've been digging the G19/RMR/TLR7 combo.

User Tag List