Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " it's not clear what, if anything, state (NY) government can do to police itself"

" it's not clear what, if anything, state (NY) government can do to police itself"

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ca...-marc-molinaro

As a former close aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo faces a six-year prison sentence, it's not clear what, if anything, state government can do to police itself.

“It's hard to believe that Albany has learned anything. If they have, they've been keeping it a secret. There have no meaningful measures to reduce the corruption in state government,” said Blair Horner, NYPIRG legislative director.
    #RESIST

Maybe the federal gov can take over the state and clean it up?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I'm thinking the People are long overdue to break out the pitchforks and torches, and take a long, dark walk towards the castle. But that's just me.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I guess asking the people to take care of this is too much these days. Let out stupid corrupt folks. Isn’t that how it’s supposed to work.

Why must someone else do the cleaning up?? Fed gov should just cut off all funds due to corruption “allegations” till the mess is cleaned up.

"As a former close aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo faces a six-year prison sentence, it's not clear what, if anything, state government can do to police itself."

That statement presumes that the NY state government wants to police itself/clean things up. I'm not convinced that's true.

Let's just be fair - it's not just New York.

It's Illinois
    It's New Jersey
    It's Massachusetts
    It's Maryland
    It's California
    ___

And those are just the easy ones to think of. The simple reality is - that we have a political class and it is corrupt. It's time to get rid of the political class. One way to begin to do that is through campaign finance reform, so that it no longer requires being a crony to run for government position. Periodic, independent, financial audits of every public official should be conducted. Criminal investigations must be swift, independent, and sentencing should be just as swift and independent.

No more mixing of our judicial and legislative branches with political parties.

And if all else fails, then we start doing random lotteries of all registered voters in a region to political office. That could be one of the best things we do, make the average American be their own politicians and officials. And any would be corrupters of them can get hung by the flagpole in front of the office as a warning.

They just need to vote in Larry Sharpe.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    They just need to vote in Larry Sharpe.
    It won’t let me edit my post, but the podcast with Sharpe and Rogan was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'm thinking the People are long overdue to break out the pitchforks and torches, and take a long, dark walk towards the castle. But that's just me.

I generally agree. However, 'the people' are tards. 'The people' are about to elect Sharise Davids in Kansas -- tards in my neighborhood. She is everything that's wrong with New York and California -- but she's about to take over a senate seat in one of the most reliably conservative states in the nation.

All is not well.

Ok. So the castle and certain parts of the village need a'burnin' down.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List