Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
Then I lobbied hard for 10-8 rear sights with tritium fronts. Colt 1911s had a proprietary front dovetail at that time so we were stuck with keng / champion front sights which Dept sent to tool tech. We had high failure rate. I blame the sights; not tool tech. We then changed to rail guns with white lights and no night sights. I have night sights on several of my own guns long enough that they have died from age. As I have gotten older and my eyes changed my preference for sights went from all black tight notch to colored front sight and a wide notch. It’s amazing that smith and Wesson figured this out decades ago with the red ramp front sight. I try not to buy night sights anymore. After the first two shoots at night I can’t see the tritium dot any more so I would rather have the white light. For front sights I prefer a gold bead or bright paint. I wish somebody made a S&W style ramped front sight with the red insert for autos. I would like to try it. Mounted White lights require extra training and a hand held light to be carried
I agree. I wish Heinie could make a red ramp front for M&P’s and Glocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk