Thread: Glock gen 5 weighted grip plugs - Do they exist?

Glock gen 5 weighted grip plugs - Do they exist?

I'm looking for a 19X weighted grip plug. I just want to mess around with weight in various positions and seeing how it impacts things. Seattle Slug seems to be only gen 3 or earlier. Anyone aware of something similar that might work? Can a seattle slug be made to work with a little machining?

I bought Carver gen 4 G17 brass plug and removed a bunch of metal to be compliant with carry optics rules with my 19x
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I bought Carver gen 4 G17 brass plug and removed a bunch of metal to be compliant with carry optics rules with my 19x
    Thanks for the response. So just the gen 4 G17 brass plug and omitting the carver magwell? That fit the 19X just fine? What's the weight of the plug alone?

Trolling for info. Looking to add weight to a 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    So just the gen 4 G17 brass plug and omitting the carver magwell? That fit the 19X just fine?
    Yes and yes. I never weighed it since it didn't particularly matter: I would've installed it regardless. For intended purposes any extra weight was better than nothing. Besides, I had to remove a good chunk. I'd guess final result was around 1.5 oz maybe. I also removed some material to accept backstraps if I need it to. The end point was that with a Carver plug, a brass Taylor Freelance mag extension, and tungsten guide rod my Glock 19x is about 33 oz unloaded.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Glock gen 5 weighted grip plugs - Do they exist?

I bought a Gen 4 "Thug Plug" for my Gen 5 19. Fit seems to be perfect.

Part no. is T1519-D. Plug is brass with black oxide coating. I'll need to weigh it but it feels like 2-3 ounces.

https://www.glockstore.com/Thug-Plug

Last edited by RJ; 01-08-2019 at 06:36 PM.

I have also installed the thug plug for my Gen5 19x and agree that it is a perfect fit. You would choose the plug for the Gen 4 GLock 17 to fit the longer grip on the 19X. I would locktite the threads of the screw because on one of my plugs, the screw worked itself out during practice and luckily I was able to find the screw and the plug again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thn9mm View Post
    I have also installed the thug plug for my Gen5 19x and agree that it is a perfect fit. You would choose the plug for the Gen 4 GLock 17 to fit the longer grip on the 19X. I would locktite the threads of the screw because on one of my plugs, the screw worked itself out during practice and luckily I was able to find the screw and the plug again.
    Thanks. I forgot to add, I used some Blue Loctite on the threaded screw.

User Tag List