Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee officer fired for conducting firearm training while drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    Talk to the academy instructors now days and you'll hear how things are going.
    I can attest to that. I just found out one of my recent grads just pissed away her career while she was still on FTO. Alcohol related.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    This kinda goes along with the current trend of recruits and new people being too comfortable. I feel like my first three years were yes sir, keeping my mouth shut and walking on egg shells. Talk to the academy instructors now days and you'll hear how things are going.
    I'm going to danger that alcohol related issues were just as prevalent decades ago (if not moreso), it's just that things were handled in-house or it wasn't viewed as an issue to begin with.

My dad was an alcoholic, and the shit he did on and off duty related to alcohol in the 60s and 70s wouldn't fly today.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Why is this news. We dumped a kid in the Academy for smoking weed on a Saturday night and he was gone Monday AM. Plenty of trainees at every level of the process from the Academy through FTO training through probation are fired for all sorts of dumb assery. The less serious people take the job, the more we lower standards, the more we try to make LE diverse and all encompassing of every facet of society the more this kind of stuff happens.

Sounds to me like the system worked, so why is this news or even a topic of discussion? At least now that former recruit is almost qualified to run for a Texas state Senator.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Why is this news. We dumped a kid in the Academy for smoking weed on a Saturday night and he was gone Monday AM. Plenty of trainees at every level of the process from the Academy through FTO training through probation are fired for all sorts of dumb assery. The less serious people take the job, the more we lower standards, the more we try to make LE diverse and all encompassing of every facet of society the more this kind of stuff happens.

Sounds to me like the system worked, so why is this news or even a topic of discussion? At least now that former recruit is almost qualified to run for a Texas state Senator.
    The first 4 mandatory/weeder classes of my Computer Science degree with 150 students in each class they mercilessly failed 50% of the class each time. I'm sure there were any number of reasons.

No tears shed.

Lots more failed after that too. Not everyone is cut out for everything.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm going to danger that alcohol related issues were just as prevalent decades ago (if not moreso), it's just that things were handled in-house or it wasn't viewed as an issue to begin with.
    This. And not always that long ago.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This. And not always that long ago.
    Ain't it the truth. (And that's all I'll say on the subject.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Ain't it the truth. (And that's all I'll say on the subject.)
    Yeah, that was a longer post until I thought better of it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I mean, they treat beer like Milk in Wisconsin... They even put it on corn flakes!

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    The real question is: Did the former recruit have a better qual score than when sober?
    I'm not LE but I'll just add this, I have a mild essential tremor in my hands. Comes and goes, but is more prominent when I focus on a specific task...such as shooting. I've noticed that after 2-3 beers (not while I'm shooting, while I'm doing other stuff) it goes away.

One less asshole that should have leaked out into something more along the lines of McDonald's earlier in life.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List