Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Milwaukee officer fired for conducting firearm training while drunk

I'm sure this recruit will somehow get into another academy and be able to find an LE job. There always seems to be a chief somewhere that's in desperate need of bodies in place in a car and are willing to give that second, third or fourth chance.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    I'm not LE but I'll just add this, I have a mild essential tremor in my hands. Comes and goes, but is more prominent when I focus on a specific task...such as shooting. I've noticed that after 2-3 beers (not while I'm shooting, while I'm doing other stuff) it goes away.
    Not to derail but I have that as well. I tried the Keto diet recently and it pretty much went away, until I went back to eating carbs/sugar.

On the attitude of many new hires - “I don’t work X” (weekends, Christmas, etc.) is becoming an all-to-common mindset.

I've known a couple of troops during my career who got canned for showing up drunk. One came to a training event intoxicated and the other got called out at night to work a crash. He arrived on scene drunk and that was that. These were guys with a number of years on the job.

I also knew a young woman who got hired by the city PD, but got popped for DUI the night before she was to report for training. She was as hot as the face of the sun and a real badge bunny, so I'm sure that influenced her hiring. She was also as crazy as a Jackson Pollack painting. In the end she did the agency a big favor.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    War on tobacco but alcohol is all good.

It almost cost my buddy his job but he got married, learned his lesson and is as good a cop as you can find now.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 09-18-2018 at 03:33 AM.

User Tag List