Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee officer fired for conducting firearm training while drunk

Site Supporter

Milwaukee officer fired for conducting firearm training while drunk

https://www.kptv.com/archives/office...25f569187.html

Milwaukee officer fired for conducting firearm training while drunk

MILWAUKEE (WTMJ) -- A Milwaukee Police Recruit Officer was fired for conducting firearm training while intoxicated on Monday.

The officer violated the Milwaukee Police Department's code of conduct after his BAC registered at a .104 during his training session.
    She noted that the hands were very still during training when normally they were quite shaky. She also detected the smell of alcohol coming off the former recruit officer.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-16-2018 at 02:29 PM.

She noted that the hands were very still during training when normally they were quite shaky.
    The real question is: Did the former recruit have a better qual score than when sober?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I’ve always heard the “Three Bs” were career enders for LE, but I never pictured them all happening at the same time.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Good.
    #RESIST

We had a 20 year old recruit in my academy class that got pulled over on the way to the range for driving erratically. She ended up blowing a .07 on a PBT. The officer drove her to the range and dumped her off on the training staff to deal with. She got booted from the academy but she appealed it to the state licensing authority (MCOLES) and they reinstated her because the PBT result wasn't good enough or something like that. Total bullshit. She ended up getting hired and is still working as a cop.

I have been in a variety of LE, mil, and commercial range shacks well stocked with mouthwash, mints, and gum. Boozefest and TDY training culture is alive and well, as is institutional/administrative unwillingness to deal with it definitively. Much like the view of NDs as a rite of passage. See also: hunting lodges, industry shoots, etc.

Good for Milwaukee, but I'll bet there's more to this story.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    We had a guy show up to qualify intoxicated about 2 years ago. He has since been medically retired due to advanced cirrhosis. Apparently you can’t live on mountains dew cigarettes and booze forever.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    *sigh*

I'm relatively sure the recruit was not conducting training, but was attending training. The headline, probably purposefully, makes it sound like an instructor showed up to teach drunk. More clicks then "recruit fired for being drunk at training", though.

Wasn't be the first dumbass to throw away his/her career before it really started, won't be the last.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

This kinda goes along with the current trend of recruits and new people being too comfortable. I feel like my first three years were yes sir, keeping my mouth shut and walking on egg shells. Talk to the academy instructors now days and you'll hear how things are going.

Amazing the stupid things LEOs are capable of during their probationary period.

(And afterward as well, truth to tell.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List