Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the new Glock Naval mount?

Site Supporter

Is this the new Glock Naval mount?

This is the Glock 78 mounted on a Chinese Naval vessel.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...n-gone-to-sea/

Name:  du8-uuovqaau-5p-1517507420.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  66.2 KB

I heard they had to drift the sights a little to the starboard.

Site Supporter
    It doesn't fit my hand, though.

It's supposed to be a Rail Gun. If this is the case the Chinese have advanced beyond us in this respect, since we do not have developed our rail guns to the point where they are mounted on ships for tests.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    It's supposed to be a Rail Gun. If this is the case the Chinese have advanced beyond us in this respect, since we do not have developed our rail guns to the point where they are mounted on ships for tests.
    Our railguns can be mounted on ships, we have just chosen not to do so for financial reasons until the bugs are worked out. Testing and development on land is simply
    cheaper.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Big assumption to think that these weapons are functional and reliable. Given that ~60% or more of all medications sold in China are either tainted with contaminants or are outright counterfeit, I take Chinese industrial posturing with a shipping container sized grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Our railguns can be mounted on ships, we have just chosen not to do so for financial reasons until the bugs are worked out. Testing and development on land is simply
    cheaper.
    I hope that's the case.

Site Supporter
    I hope that's the case.
    The Chinese have things they excel at but in general it is still a “50 yard country.” Everything is very impressive till you get within 50 yards and notice the little discrepancies, things out of square, not lining up quite right etc.

cheaper.
    Financial and safety reasons. NSWC is nervous in the service.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Our railguns can be mounted on ships, we have just chosen not to do so for financial reasons until the bugs are worked out. Testing and development on land is simply cheaper.
    Right...so presuming we ever get that to work, will it be cheaper to shoot than the USS Zumwalt's guns?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List