Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G22 Q?'s

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Put those 9mm pistols on your local firearms board at a reasonable price and they will sell fast. I will be watching for them.
    I sold a 5906 in July on ARMSLIST to a LEO in Mamou. And, at my asking price.
    I have (2) coming up in the next week or so. An SD9 and a P85. Look in the Alexandria area.
    BTW, it's good to see a fellow Cajun on here.
    Tonnerre mes chiens!

I just turned in my issued Gen 4 G22 for the new Gen 5 G17. We used the G22s for the last six or seven years, with weapon mounted lights and no issues encountered. That being said, I was glad to get rid of it. It was preferred over the Sig P226 DAK in .40 that it replaced, but I've never been a fan of the .40 in any platform. Guns in .40 S&W just don't have a service life anywhere near their 9mm counterparts and if the juice is at all sweeter it isn't worth the squeeze. When I was on SWAT we used the Sig P220 and later the Glock 21. If I'd been using the G22 back then, I have no doubt the gun would have had a decreased service life due to the round count involved.

It really depends on how much you plan on shooting it. If it's just one of a battery of guns and you simply want a .40, then an LE turn in might be the way to go. If it's going to be a one and only gun, then I'd look elsewhere.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I just turned in my issued Gen 4 G22 for the new Gen 5 G17. We used the G22s for the last six or seven years, with weapon mounted lights and no issues encountered. That being said, I was glad to get rid of it. It was preferred over the Sig P226 DAK in .40 that it replaced, but I've never been a fan of the .40 in any platform. Guns in .40 S&W just don't have a service life anywhere near their 9mm counterparts and if the juice is at all sweeter it isn't worth the squeeze. When I was on SWAT we used the Sig P220 and later the Glock 21. If I'd been using the G22 back then, I have no doubt the gun would have had a decreased service life due to the round count involved.

It really depends on how much you plan on shooting it. If it's just one of a battery of guns and you simply want a .40, then an LE turn in might be the way to go. If it's going to be a one and only gun, then I'd look elsewhere.
    Quite a few G35's in this area have held up quite well with weapon lights that were not overtightened. One group of SRT G35's probably exceeded 100.000 rounds before being replaced. An E series G35 that cracked the left rear rail after a very high round count (10 plus years on SRT} was replaced free of charge by Glock. Another LEA group of G35's more than 10 years old with zero problems. I know, small sample.

I have a .40 M&P and a G22 4th gen because both guns are inexpensive and there's tons of used mags for cheap, new mags are inexpensive, support gear and aftermarket support is plentiful. I have a slight preference to the M&P, I'm told they hold up better, they're less expensive, and they shoot a little softer. I just sold the M&P and bought a 2.0 .40 on GB for $240 so I'm looking forward to that trying that out. The idea behind both was that the 9mm would be the main platform and the .40's just supplement them in case there's another ammo drought. I might grab a .357 barrel for each just because.

If you get the Glock, get the 4th gen, they're supposed to hold up better and the 4th gen just has better features than the second and third gens. If these guys say the 35 is better than get a 35. But then you're looking at another $100 over a G22. For that you can get a Sig 226/229 or HK USP .40, the USP being without a doubt your best option for a durable .40.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I have a .40 M&P and a G22 4th gen because both guns are inexpensive and there's tons of used mags for cheap, new mags are inexpensive, support gear and aftermarket support is plentiful. I have a slight preference to the M&P, I'm told they hold up better, they're less expensive, and they shoot a little softer. I just sold the M&P and bought a 2.0 .40 on GB for $240 so I'm looking forward to that trying that out. The idea behind both was that the 9mm would be the main platform and the .40's just supplement them in case there's another ammo drought. I might grab a .357 barrel for each just because.

If you get the Glock, get the 4th gen, they're supposed to hold up better and the 4th gen just has better features than the second and third gens. If these guys say the 35 is better than get a 35. But then you're looking at another $100 over a G22. For that you can get a Sig 226/229 or HK USP .40, the USP being without a doubt your best option for a durable .40.
    Used G35s go for ~$400-450 before shipping/transfer, so maybe a little cheaper than USPs at least. The G22 is a fine gun too.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785710824

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785865799

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785659066
    Last edited by Nephrology; 09-15-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Used G35s go for ~$400-450 before shipping/transfer, so maybe a little cheaper than USPs at least. The G22 is a fine gun too.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785710824

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785865799

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785659066
    The Glock 22, particularly the 4th gens are good guns, I just think a person could do better. I went with a G22 because they're $300-350 and they share holsters with my G17. It's not like they are likely to blow up, there are tons in circulation. And mine mostly collect dust anyway. But for police trade-in guns go they're middle of the pack, in my opinion. Which isn't worth much, I have a lot less experience and skill than most around here.

Trade-in USP's are ~$450, sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com has some right now, to me the price difference between that and a 35/P226 is trivial, to some it might be everything but I doubt it if you're looking at $400-and-up .40 handguns.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    The Glock 22, particularly the 4th gens are good guns, I just think a person could do better. I went with a G22 because they're $300-350 and they share holsters with my G17. It's not like they are likely to blow up, there are tons in circulation. And mine mostly collect dust anyway. But for police trade-in guns go they're middle of the pack, in my opinion. Which isn't worth much, I have a lot less experience and skill than most around here.

Trade-in USP's are ~$450, sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com has some right now, to me the price difference between that and a 35/P226 is trivial, to some it might be everything but I doubt it if you're looking at $400-and-up .40 handguns.
    Yea, I got the 35 for holster and some small parts (sights, etc) commonality with my 9mms, and as a potential future USPSA Limited gun. The G22 would at least carry well AIWB - my biggest disappointment with the 35. If only I was ~4" taller..

I'm pretty tempted to grab a 4th gen 35, but I'm tempted by all guns. I'm also tempted by a P226, they're also $400 and the mags are cheap for those too and I just love the way Sig P-pistols look. I'm better able to resist the USP's because I don't have any HK's at the moment so there's no commonality for me, yet.

I'm pretty tempted to grab a 4th gen 35, but I'm tempted by all guns. I'm also tempted by a P226, they're also $400 and the mags are cheap for those too and I just love the way Sig P-pistols look. I'm better able to resist the USP's because I don't have any HK's at the moment so there's no commonality for me, yet.
    Everybody should own a P226 and a USP. I enjoy mine, but I like almost everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Everybody should own a P226 and a USP. I enjoy mine, but I like almost everything.
    I will have a USP45 eventually. I have a West German P226 9mm but I want to upgrade to a P226R, possibly a MK25.

User Tag List