Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock G22 Q?'s

Question Glock G22 Q?'s

I have been saving my money to buy a SIG P320 in .357 SIG. The LE trade in Glock G22's are very plentiful currently, and I MIGHT want to buy one. My goal is to buy the P320, but I currently have more than enough money to buy a LE trade in along the way, with money left over to still put towards the P320.
    Member DOCGKR, I have been reading your sticky threads. You Sir, have vast amounts of experience and knowledge with firearms and ammunition. I like the fact that you favor the M&P as a great SD gun. I own (2) M&P FS .40 caliber guns (1.0 & 2.0). What really caught my attention is what you stated about the Glock in .40 caliber;
    "Stay away from Glocks in .40 S&W."
    Why is this? I was thinking about buying a LE trade in G22 in either Gen 2, 3, or 4. But, with your great knowledge and experience with firearms, I'm very interested as to WHY you made that statement to stay away from the Glock in .40 caliber??!!??
    Last edited by CajunMP357; 09-15-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMP357 View Post
    I have been saving my money to buy a SIG P320 in .357 SIG. The LE trade in Glock G22's are very plentiful currently, and I MIGHT want to buy one. My goal is to buy the P320, but I currently have more than enough money to buy a LE trade in along the way, with money left over to still put towards the P320.
    Member DOCGKR, I have been reading your sticky threads. You Sir, have vast amounts of experience and knowledge with firearms and ammunition. I like the fact that you favor the M&P as a great SD gun. I own (2) M&P FS .40 caliber guns (1.0 & 2.0). What really caught my attention is what you stated about the Glock in .40 caliber;
    "Stay away from Glocks in .40 S&W."
    Why is this? I was thinking about buying a LE trade in G22 in either Gen 2, 3, or 4. But, with your great knowledge and experience with firearms, I'm very interested as to WHY you made that statement to stay away from the Glock in .40 caliber??!!??
    G22s don't have a long life span. Some gens don't play well with WML. For low volume shooting there fine.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    G22s and 23s are also known for malfunctioning with weapon lights attached, and the pistols generally can have issues with failures to feed due to the accelerated slide velocity. This was partially addressed in the 4th generation re-design.

I owned a G23 that would malfunction unacceptably often with or without a light. I own a G35 that has only choked once and with old mags and that at this point I trust. I can't generally recommend .40 caliber glocks, but if you want to get one, I'd get a Gen 4 Glock 22 or ideally a 35, the latter being considered to be the most reliable of the .40 caliber glocks. Make sure you use the newest magazines too (they have been re-designed several times in the last ~5-10 years) and vet the pistol thoroughly. In my experience, they do best with 180gr ammunition.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 09-15-2018 at 07:32 AM.

I am a big fan of my Gen 4 G22. I don't pound it with 9mm levels of volume. I don't find that primarily training 9mm harms my G22 shooting when I break it out. Recently shooting a 17, a 26 and the 22 on the Triple Nickel from open carry my best run was my single run with my G22 in 5.18. My one glimpse into the Gen 3 G22 in military service is that it ran great for that user and those around him. Its commonality of accessories etc with my 9's is too good to pass on.
    Last edited by JHC; 09-15-2018 at 07:12 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I have a ton of rounds through my Gen 4 G22 including a 4,000 round MOAC course. No issues. I have replaced the recoil spring.

PensFan
    There’s hundreds of thousands in service. Very few come back for warranty service. Elite mil units have used them for over a decade. Far more vetted than just about any other service weapon.

That said, go 9mm imo. .40 is quickly going away for any number of reasons.

There are deals to be had for guns and ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    You mention Gen 2 G22 - I would not buy an early vintage G22. I bought a G22 when they first came out and - yes - Glock bulge existed. The case was not well supported and the brass had a visible bulge. I shot Gen 3 G35s later with no brass support issues.

I have been saving my money to buy a SIG P320 in .357 SIG. The LE trade in Glock G22's are very plentiful currently, and I MIGHT want to buy one.
    You should read Doc's posts about .357 SIG. Unless you get free ammo, neither .357 SIG or .40 are good choices.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I have been saving my money to buy a SIG P320 in .357 SIG.
    Why?

The LE trade in Glock G22's are very plentiful currently, and I MIGHT want to buy one.
    Why?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Why?

Why?
    Summit Guns has very nice Gen 4s for 320,00, with box backstraps and mags.

A very attractive price. Perhaps a riff on the "Have a vetted back up gun" idea.

For example, last night I came in from shooting and found that the slidelock and spring were gone from my G19. Easy fix-Monday. Until then, I'm reduced to a Glock 42 and a 442.

User Tag List