Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1125

Thread: Happy PFestivus 2018! I've got a lot of problems with you people!

  1. #31
    Revolver Enabler-in-Chief Stephanie B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SE CT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    See, I changed did change that, but apparently the thread number changed when I moved it into the correct sub-forum -- which then broke the link.

    I can't wait to see what I screw up next.
    PFestivus start
    Screwed up by forum owner
    Truly, mods are shit
    What the hell is an "aluminum falcon"?
    7
     

  2. #32
    Site Supporter Clusterfrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Redneck wonderland
    Allright you bastards. Here's Clusterfrack's PFestivus top 3 (more coming):

    1) @GJM and his weird trigger finger
    Name:  E-T-phone-home-424505.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  33.1 KB

    2) @JAD and his Catholic apologies
    Name:  1d6765db1f774e0a222381b7fe54e3ec.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  25.8 KB

    3) @Tom_Jones : I hacked into the security cam in your bedroom
    Name:  mi-realtree-blaze-queen-4-piece-comforter-set-rt607.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  44.0 KB
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-14-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You donít really graduate from certain problems or certain thingsÖ like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018
    24
     

  3. #33
    PF Tetherball Team Cptn LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Bidets are awesome. If you disagree, only one way to settle it. #RapeFight

    5
     

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I hate @Dagga Boy for going from tempting me in expensive ways (beautiful S&W, Colt revolvers) to outlandishly expensive ways (Ford Raptor). Why you gotta push the limits of my self control like that?
    Just do what I do....I have a good hunk of folks on ignore so I donít need to participate in these thread. With that said...I think you like that what you claim to hate....;-). You want to see those things you coveted. Donít hate the player, hate the game.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".
    5
     

  5. #35
    Site Supporter ubervic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern VA
    Most of the posts in this thread are tongue-in-cheek. I thought Pfestivus was all about real talk.

    ??
    1
     

  6. #36
    Tactical Cat Herder
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    I fucking hate this oscillation of bullshit in politics that makes it prudent to keep buying standard cap magazines and evil looking guns. Because that sucks up my fun budget and I want stuff that's just fun. Like old S&W N-frames, an old Winchester 1897 set up as a cowboy gun just because, hell I'd even like one of those Cimarron Dragoon clones in .38 SPL, and I have an inexplicable, disgusting interest in that new 10mm flavor of the Hi-Point carbine for no sensible reason whatsoever.
    Thankfully another P-Fer here recently listed a much more respectable long gun and my impulse purchase of that prevented me from impulse buying the Hi-Point. But that put me in direct contact with the Hansohn Brothers operation and suddenly I realized I need like, 5 suppressors in my life. Fuck.
    Nevermind the relentless pull of a 1911, and how I shudder at the thought of preparing my wallet for that titanic-sized dick-kicking. Falling in love with N-frames was BAD ENOUGH. Seeing that LaRue now makes a 6.5 Grendel is BAD ENOUGH. Getting to shoot a friends KAC SR-15 was BAD ENOUGH.

    Through all of that, I need to keep my fairer half happy with 'gun stuff' - which recently included the profound disappointment of a Beretta Nano in robin's egg blue. She loves her PX4 Compact and she loves Tiffany stuff so I figured Beretta with Tiffany-like colors = win. I read JodyH's account of his Nano and grimly accepted that it would be a ~500 round count gun to get her familiarized and it'd become that CCW that gets occasional practice if that. But we held the chunky little thing up next to her PX4C in 9mm and just wondered WTF Beretta was thinking. The Nano isn't all that substantially smaller but sacrifices a hell of a lot in every other way.

    The next challenge is actually having time off available to attend real training, so I can finally go about applying some 100% authentic not-suck to my skillset. The rare times a good class like ECQC comes through my area, it's like my higher command just *knows* and ensures that there's absolutely-no-fucking-way I can take that block of time off.

    On to the airing of grievances:

    @Tom_Jones - we live in the same city. Our mutual friend @JDM is a damn good dude that I've known for years and years and years, and he lives ~15 mins away from me. Why haven't we met? Let's get all get a beer together and fix that. And I'm sorry that I was such a freeloading asshat and waited so long to become a site supporter. If I'd actually looked and seen how cheap it was for the value this site offers, I'd have done it a long goddamn time ago. Mea culpa.

    Otherwise, I've got nothin'.
    1
     

  7. #37
    PF Justice Warrior Chance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    D/FW, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    PFestivus start
    Screwed up by forum owner
    Truly, mods are shit
    Wait, is it pronounced "festivus" or "puh-festivus"?
    "Trying is the first step toward irritating those around you who know better." - @angry_prof
    0
     

  8. #38
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    If you are replying to somebody else immediately after their post, you don't need to quote that post. It is obvious who you're talking to.

    If you're quoting somebody, you don't need to quote their entire two page post. Quote their first sentence, paragraph or points you want to address.

    USPSA is not the only legitimate shooting activity or measure of shooting skills.
    I resemble these first two remarks.

    Also...USPSA isn't the only way to measure shooting skills, but it uses Practiscore, which allows you to compare your skills to others in interesting ways...and that's probably why it's up there as the best.

    Otherwise...I like PF and credit it with a lot of the development of my interest in firearms but also for developing my interest in BJJ which has probably taken the front seat to my firearms training, for better or worse. No major complaints here.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    0
     

  9. #39
    PF Tetherball Team Cptn LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Most of the posts in this thread are tongue-in-cheek. I thought Pfestivus was all about real talk.

    ??
    I like being stupid, but Iím a Marine.
    4
     

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I fucking hate this oscillation of bullshit in politics that makes it prudent to keep buying standard cap magazines and evil looking guns. Because that sucks up my fun budget and I want stuff that's just fun. Like old S&W N-frames, an old Winchester 1897 set up as a cowboy gun just because, hell I'd even like one of those Cimarron Dragoon clones in .38 SPL...
    You're an idiot. Buy lever guns, revolvers and single stacks not in spite of threats to ban ARs, but because of threats to ban ARs. It's not rocket surgery.

    Marlin 1894s are expensive and hard to get now because California, not because Texas.

    And, uh, yeah. Pfkittening edit quotes to the parts you are responding to.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 09-14-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    .
    -----------------------------------------
    ^^^ DAO dork ^^^
    2
     

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TLG 1970–2016 RIPRampageForTheCure.org