Thread: Glock Connector Design Question

Glock Connector Design Question

Mostly a "TIL" sort of thing I'm looking to figure out, but I've come up incredibly short on answers and my curiosity is getting the better of me.

What exactly is the purpose of the little connector "hook" highlighted here in red?

Name:  screenshot-www.google.com-2018.09.14-02-49-34.jpg
Views: 5042
Size:  24.7 KB

I can't seem to find any sort of documentation, cutaway footage of it in motion, or even just figure it out by looking at my Glocks. It doesn't appear to be a load bearing surface either. I'm assuming it interfaces with the trigger bar reset process, but I'm unsure exactly how.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Mostly a "TIL" sort of thing I'm looking to figure out, but I've come up incredibly short on answers and my curiosity is getting the better of me.

What exactly is the purpose of the little connector "hook" highlighted here in red?

Name:  screenshot-www.google.com-2018.09.14-02-49-34.jpg
Views: 5042
Size:  24.7 KB

I can't seem to find any sort of documentation, cutaway footage of it in motion, or even just figure it out by looking at my Glocks. It doesn't appear to be a load bearing surface either. I'm assuming it interfaces with the trigger bar reset process, but I'm unsure exactly how.
    That tab is what the slide contacts during cycling, the connector bends and the trigger bar moves up to reset.

Site Supporter
    A visual

Name:  Trigger Bar Reset.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  44.2 KB
    Last edited by mark7; 09-14-2018 at 05:42 PM.

User Tag List