Thread: Wilson Pancake Pro....buyer beware

Wilson Pancake Pro....buyer beware

I am going back to high end Protection work, which often requires suit and tie or at minimum slacks and jacket. I wanted a holster for my Langdon 92G. I have a Low Profile Pancake from Wilson that works for my CenTac and will work with the custom 92 Compact I have at Langdon’s being built now. I saw the Shark Pancake Pro was on sale for the 92 and ordered it. The holster is awesome. The belt loops...pathetic and like a cheap afterthought. Any sort of gun belt will not go through them. You cannot bend the belt into the front loop with anything thicker than a soft super thin belt. I ended up spending my sales savings getting some extended wings. Of course the Wilson holster doesn’t use a standard 1” spacing. The drill was already out to get one of the screws out of the original loops. I ended up using the stock rear loop and modified front wing. Great holster horribly executed and something I wish Wilson had vetted before selling them as I expect anything Wilson sells to be right. Here is the modified holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 09-13-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Good to know. I almost bought one of those but instead went with the Lo-Profile II Holster. I found out it is made by MTR leather, but the part I liked the most is it has belt tunnels instead of the normal 1.5 inch openings. It keeps the holster in one place and really pulls it into your body. It is only of the only OWB holsters I have tried that actually hides under a loose t shirt. I got the one with shark trim for suit wear.

I also have the Lo Profile, which is a great holster and why I was shocked at how anyone could attach such a piss poor system to a well executed holster. Whoever makes the thing could easily rectify the problem due to the modular attachment with sort of better engineered attachment system for the belt loops.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

DB,
    I am listening. I will report your issue to the mothership. I do not have a Pancake pro for the B92 at home today but I do have one for a 1911 and it works fine with the thickest 1.5" leather belts I have-an older galco and a custom garrity. Our belts at WC are a little thinner so maybe that the issue-at any rate I will send the issue up the ladder and see what we can accomplish. I agree its a nice holster in many ways and sorry for your issue. If you want to return it just let me know. Also-the loops are kydex and do respond nicely to a heat gun. I know thats not a great solution but its a thought.anthony@wilsoncombat.com

Name:  IMG_7190 (1).jpg
Views: 465
Size:  35.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_7191.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  78.6 KB
    Last edited by WilsonCombatRep; 09-14-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Thank you so much for the response. It looks like there is plenty of room with the 1911. Here is the Beretta issue...the gun is thicker and the front mount is so close to the body that it is impossible to get a decent belt turned to get through the front loop in particular. I could get my thinist Ares built through it with a ton of work, but not while actually on a pair of pants. Also....didn’t get a shark holster to run a run a nylon belt. With the wing in front I can use the Mean Gene belt I use or one of my other custom belts (Sparks, Bulman, Comp Tac). I did this as a buyer warning that it is a great holster with a severe flaw. I want it to work and I would hope that somebody at Wilson will want it to work as well. It just needs to be rectified by whoever made these rather than the consumer, and I would be more than happy to help if somebody does make the call to fix it rather than shrug it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Thank you so much for the response. It looks like there is plenty of room with the 1911. Here is the Beretta issue...the gun is thicker and the front mount is so close to the body that it is impossible to get a decent belt turned to get through the front loop in particular. I could get my thinist Ares built through it with a ton of work, but not while actually on a pair of pants. Also....didn’t get a shark holster to run a run a nylon belt. With the wing in front I can use the Mean Gene belt I use or one of my other custom belts (Sparks, Bulman, Comp Tac). I did this as a buyer warning that it is a great holster with a severe flaw. I want it to work and I would hope that somebody at Wilson will want it to work as well. It just needs to be rectified by whoever made these rather than the consumer, and I would be more than happy to help if somebody does make the call to fix it rather than shrug it off.
    I just notified our chief designer ...

Thanks again. Great holster I would like to see them fix rather than handle returns on or have unhappy customers. It is simply the front bend on the 92 model is extreme and the loops and bending a belt that tight is not practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Thanks again. Great holster I would like to see them fix rather than handle returns on or have unhappy customers. It is simply the front bend on the 92 model is extreme and the loops and bending a belt that tight is not practical.
    Apparently these holsters (Pancake pro) are going to be discontinued because of supplier issues. We haven't had too many returns on the Beretta model but if we revise the holster in the future I will make sure the improvments are made

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
    Apparently these holsters (Pancake pro) are going to be discontinued because of supplier issues. We haven't had too many returns on the Beretta model but if we revise the holster in the future I will make sure the improvments are made
    Thanks. One of our bad ass kydex artists on the forum may get roped in to do a more professional fix.

User Tag List