Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi Dispatcher Brutally Beaten While on Duty

Site Supporter
    I've seen many careless security practices in jails. Pointing them out enraged the command structure. Some were so flagrant that I hesitate to specify them here. Common sense dictates certain actions, but that commodity is scarce. People seem to be changing. It follows that criminals are becoming more stupid, and at the same time are more stupidly bold and stupidly short sighted. When I first worked in the Texas prison system in 1981, over and over again I would hear old cons complain about the new breed of inmate. Their biggest complaint was that the younger men entering the system had no respect. Most of the old cons are now dead. All that I knew--white, black, or brown--would have been outraged by what happened to the dispatcher. Actually, I've known few inmates who would not have been outraged about this. But I'm out of date.

We had a young lady dispatching for a while that also did some MMA competition, too bad he guy didn't run into one like that.

Scumbag needs an expedited burial.

As for site security, no agency building I’ve walked in to had open access to the folks working the desk area. Doors required key/badge entry, and the service window just had a little recess to slide paperwork back and forth. No excuse for such ease of access in this day and age, what with the animosity towards law enforcement personnel.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Our station had magnetic locks. Admin was not happy when I asked what happened during a power failure.

Site Supporter
    I like to point out to my dispatchers that they are sitti g behind a 10 year old, four inch thick ballistic window, that is set in the middle of a wall made of two layers of paint, twwo pieces of sheetrock, and 2x6 studs on 16 inch centers....

pat

The followup on this will probably be that the perp was beaten as a child so we should feel sorry for him. I am all for the hanging suggested above.

You all are too kind...
    hung by the wrists and electrical shocks applied to the genitals until they explode. and that's just me getting the band to start warm ups.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

So, assault with GBH on a police dispatcher should be a capital crime.
    How about for Jane Doe?
    I'm not disagreeing, I just want to know the coverage.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    How about for Jane Doe?
    Speaking for myself, any innocent woman that took a beating like that for any reason would justify stringing up the SOB responsible.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    How about for Jane Doe?
    Well...if it was a similar aged Jane Doe who doesn't work in a police station she'd be dead so.......

The dude had to be pulled off of the old lady by a bunch of officers. If it had been literally anywhere else you'd be looking at a corpse and most likely a capital charge.

Not that intent ever meant anything in criminal charges.

Lock his worthless ass up in jail and make it known he beats the shit out of elderly women.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List