Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA G43

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Smith CS9 and XDE are about the closest things out there I can think of. The PX4 subcompact is double stack so it's comparable to a G26. It uses the same hammer spring as the larger guns so the trigger pull can be made pretty good, thought it uses a different trigger pack so you can't go full Mod 5 with it. 3913/3914 is closer to G19 size and is only marginally thinner.

I would really like to see a single stack PX4 subcompact with stealth levers.
    THe CS9 is pretty close. Not as common as the 3913, and usually more money if you find one in good shape. XDE seems like it should work well, but it significantly larger and heavier than e G43, more similar again to the G19 and 3913.

Site Supporter
    I liked the Sig P232. Except my two were not reliable, and for a .380 it should hold more rounds.

A few design changes, and a P232 size gun could be great.

Check out the Hk P2000sk v3. Dimension are give or take in various directions.

ETA: clarity
    Last edited by CCT125US; 09-12-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

I think that is an untapped market. Maybe Ernest Langdon will chime, surely Beretta could do us a single stack PX4. Heck Sig should bring the P250 back out as a single stack series. There is talk from time to time about CZ single stack, but so far nada.

Sig P239. Its a little bigger in every dimension, but handles well and carries easily. Trigger is good to excellent out of the box.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I think that is an untapped market. Maybe Ernest Langdon will chime, surely Beretta could do us a single stack PX4. Heck Sig should bring the P250 back out as a single stack series. There is talk from time to time about CZ single stack, but so far nada.
    SIG made a sing,e stack micro DAO pistol - the P290. It was a dog.

DA/SA decock only, G43 sized.

Doesn’t exist.

Closest gun size-wise would be a Walther PPK.

Closest gun that is decock only would be the Sig P232.

Closest decock only 9mm Sig P239 or Walther P5 Compact.

3913 is much bigger than a G43. CS9 would be closer in size. Neither can easily be converted to decock only.

PX4 Sub-compact is double stack. Closest in size, but still much bigger. .

XDE and PPK (US Made), PX4 Sub-Compact - are the only ones in production.

I, personally, do not believe it is an untapped market. Lots of folks have tried over the years. There are packaging concerns to producing a TDA 9mm gun that size, that result in reliability issues. Compare XDE sales to G43 sales. The market for TDA guns is fairly limited.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-13-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    SIG made a sing,e stack micro DAO pistol - the P290. It was a dog.
    The P290rs I had was a very workable gun. Accurate and reliable, not perfect, but in no way was it a dog.

Site Supporter
    I recently picked up a Walther P99C AS. I was looking for a G26-sized TDA gun for when I wanted something smaller than my full-size PX4. It fills that role quite nicely. It's obviously not as narrow as a 43 but it's not bad and holds ten rounds. I'm 6'1" with average-size hands and can get a full grip with the finger-rest magazine.

DA/SA G43

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    Is there such a thing? I really like my G43, but I’d also like something similar in DA/SA. Is there anything out there that comes close?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You don't say why you want a DA/SA G43, but if it's a safety concern hit up @Tom_Jones for an SCD and drive on.
    Last edited by Hambo; 09-13-2018 at 05:30 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List