Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA G43

DA/SA G43

Is there such a thing? I really like my G43, but I’d also like something similar in DA/SA. Is there anything out there that comes close?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only gun off the top of my head would be the Springfield XDE.

Don’t know about the quality of it though.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

The Smith and Wesson 3913 is the first thing that springs to mind but I don't know how the dimensions actually stack up. It's also discontinued which makes alot of folks uninterested.

I think the TDA market is ready for something like this, but most TDA guys just turn to a revolver for this size category when they can't get a TDA.

-Cory

My 3913 is more of the size of my Shield than my 43.

Beretta PX4 Sub-compact? It's probably more like G26 size, though, and it's a double-stack.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I should have added my one complication as well, it must have a decocker only. No safety, it can be easily converted to decocker only, like the PX4 I believe. I think that removes the XDE from the list, not sure about the 3913.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    The problem with the 3913 is that it is no longer made. If still made , the Chief Special 9 would be an option.

The offerings from HK and CZ I can think of are more Glock 26 size.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 09-17-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    My 3913 is more of the size of my Shield than my 43.
    My 3913 seemed closer in size and heft to a G19 than a Shield.

As for a DA/SA version of the G43, the only thing I've found is a Ruger LC9, but it is DAO. I didn't like mine, although it ran fine as long as I didn't short-stroke the reset.
    Last edited by Mark D; 09-12-2018 at 03:06 PM.

The smallest DA/SA is can think of is CZ Rami...

You might find smaller DA/SA, but they'll be blowback and not 9.
    You might find smaller 9's, but they'll be SF/SA/DAO.

Ruger LC9 is a DAO. Kahr PM9's trigger is more like a DAO (striker fire, at full rest)

Smith CS9 and XDE are about the closest things out there I can think of. The PX4 subcompact is double stack so it's comparable to a G26. It uses the same hammer spring as the larger guns so the trigger pull can be made pretty good, thought it uses a different trigger pack so you can't go full Mod 5 with it. 3913/3914 is closer to G19 size and is only marginally thinner.

I would really like to see a single stack PX4 subcompact with stealth levers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List