Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So the case rim ripped right off...

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    when training is this a good habbit to do;to short cycle the slide?
    Depends on what I'm training. If I'm practicing IA drills, no. If I'm doing wall drills, yes, it makes perfect sense.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

And that was what I meant when I wrote that after some rational though maybe I don't have to firmly rack the slide every time. I'd like to think that my brain can handle the difference between "Oh S***, it clicked instead of bang" and dry firing while doing wall drills

Banned
    we are talking about mussel memory here and when you short cycle the slide you can't clear the gun of a primer fail or a jam.

Sure when you are in a position to tell the difference its OK bet we are talking under stress and you rely on training; you grab that slide and possibly short cycle it and fail to clear the chamber

we are talking about mussel memory here and when you short cycle the slide you can't clear the gun of a primer fail or a jam.

Sure when you are in a position to tell the difference its OK bet we are talking under stress and you rely on training; you grab that slide and possibly short cycle it and fail to clear the chamber
    You put your seatbelt on every time you sit down in your truck right? You've done it thousands and thousands of times. That action is muscle memory. Do you try and put your seatbelt on every time you sit down at the dinner table?

Just because a gun is in your hand doesn't mean you have to do the same thing the same way every time. When I'm doing wall drills, some of my trigger presses might take two or three seconds. I can assure you that is hardly the time it would take me to press the trigger in a SD shooting situation.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

we are talking about mussel memory here
    A little wine, butter and garlic and they have no memory!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    A little wine, butter and garlic and they have no memory!

thats it first thing in the morning I am firing that spell checker

thats it first thing in the morning I am firing that spell checker
    I couldn't help myself.

And another snap cap bites the dust.

I had...well, had, 2 sets of 5, and apparently, one of the sets has much thinner case rims than the other.

The older ones are still not showing the rims mushrooming and deforming, while the newer set is falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    But they don't do anything to cushion the impact of the firing pin/striker.
    All you have to do is use an eraser from a #2 pencil. Shave it till it fits in the primer pocket and then cut it off flush.

User Tag List