Thread: Anti-gun Insurance Company - QBE against firearm owners.

Anti-gun Insurance Company - QBE against firearm owners.

Not sure if QBE is an insurance company that is also Stateside, or whether it's just for us Southern Hemisphere folk, but I'd be interested to know if there is any insurance companies in America that are actively discriminating against political parties and organizations that support law abiding shooting.

It appears in New Zealand at least (and possibly elsewhere) that QBE (an insurance company) have made a decision to drop any policies for groups, political parties, clubs, businesses and organisations who are involved with firearms or supporters of firearm sports:

https://kiwigunblog.wordpress.com/20...acks-shooters/

Is this just something new I haven't come across before - or is this happening in America too with corporate companies trying to hurt people and businesses who don't see eye to eye on their political agendas?

I haven't heard about insurance companies, my agent was working on a floater policy and asked me to look at the inventory and tell him if it were really worth $30,000. I haven't seen the list yet.

There are banks who are refusing to handle credit card processing for gun dealers and Mario Cuomo harassing the NRA for offering "insurance for shooting someone."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Definitely happening here too. Lemonade is a startup insurance company whose ads I occasionally get. They refuse to insure firearms of the non-Cali-approved types IIRC.

Meanwhile, USAA has an itemized list of all my firearms, optics, and NFA stuff with an appropriate dollar value as part of my Valuable Property Protection plan, which is explicitly set up for expensive items like firearms and camera equipment. Hopefully they stay on our side.

I have an arms-length professional relationship with QBE, and let me just say I’m not surprised.

This is called “Corporate gun control” and is the path that the left see’s to institute gun control in America because they realize the cannot do it through the legislative process. We are seeing this through banks already which is the life blood of our financial system. We are seeing this happen from banks like Citi, and BOA. Obviously youtube, facebook, and the like are deep into banning free speech when it comes to firearms.

I work for a large asset manager and as a large institutional investor, the portfolio managers are beginning to insert their influence through what they call socially responsible investing (SRI) which was originally used to screen out tabaco and gaming companies etc. This is now being used to screen out business that have anything to do with firearms and more importantly business that may continbute to the NRA. Pension plans are now writing investment policy statements that they won’t invest in anything gun related (think teachers union).

The assault is no longer from legislative process but is now starting to be driven my CEO’s who are being influenced by the politicians in their districts, especially places like the Northeast and left coast. Again think mortgage crisis when the politians forced banks to lower their lending standards to essentially give loans to anyone with a pulse. Same thing in happening now but to single out the 2nd amendment/NRA. What until there are question on a mortgage application that pertain to guns, kind of like doctors asking the question. Gun in the house? No loan for you. Already happening to businesses. If they can get away with businesses they will move to the individuals.

Good article that highlights this. This is where they have found success in gun control and will continue to push.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...at-gun-rights/

User Tag List