Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 442/642 "pro" thread

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I’d be interested in sending one or two 442s in for this deal depending on when it happens and what other crazy unexpected expenses pop up. Definitely one.

@RevolverRob do we know how much extra a 442 will be over a 642 for any refinishing required on the barrel?
    I do not. I'll check with Don.

Here's where we're at folks, I have over 30 guns at this point. That's sufficient for Don. With the holiday season upon us, shipping anything right now would be a nightmare, not too mention there is minimal chance of getting work done before the end of the year. So earliest for shipping any guns is likely Feb-March 2019; depending on Don's schedule.

I believe my spreadsheet is up to date, but it will be another week before I have enough time and brain power to deal with this (we're reaching the end of the term and I have to administer finals next week). I'll go through and tag each person to confirm their status.

If you have additional questions or clarifications, please post them in here at some point in the next two-weeks.

Thanks for bearing with me as we get organized and go back and forth on this!

-R
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-29-2018 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I do not. I'll check with Don.

Here's where we're at folks, I have over 30 guns at this point. That's sufficient for Don. With the holiday season upon us, shipping anything right now would be a nightmare, not too mention there is minimal chance of getting work done before the end of the year. So earliest for shipping any guns is likely Feb-March 2019; depending on Don's schedule.

I believe my spreadsheet is up to date, but it will be another week before I have enough time and brain power to deal with this (we're reaching the end of the term and I have to administer finals next week). I'll go through and tag each person to confirm their status.

If you have additional questions or clarifications, please post them in here at some point in the next two-weeks.

Thanks for bearing with me as we get organized and go back and forth on this!

-R
    Is it too late for people to pile on? If not I am in.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Is it too late for people to pile on? If not I am in.
    I'll add you to list.

Just to keep everything good - we'll "close" the list at 50 guns or when Don tells me, "Enough!". Realistically, I'll look to close the list for realsies when we get to 50 guns or when the second batch of guns is ready to be shipped out to Don. That will let us know the timeline for turnaround and plan all future shipments with Don (the first shipment is likely to be a bit of a "trial").

FWIW, if you want to pull out at any time before your gun ships, let me know. As long as we have at least 25 guns, we're okay. If we drop below that, we'll have to shelve the project. Right now, we're good.

Subscribed...
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

FWIW, if you want to pull out at any time before your gun ships, let me know. As long as we have at least 25 guns, we're okay. If we drop below that, we'll have to shelve the project. Right now, we're good.
    Man, the longer this goes on, the *more* J frames I’ll be able to send in.

Thanks a ton for all your work on this. Good luck with finals/wrap up. May your student evals give the dean a hard on.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Are people still able to get in on this? Have any guns shipped?
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Site Supporter
    Any updates on this project?

Site Supporter
    Any updates on this project? I emailed D&L this week about his j frame sights. I was quoted $250 but the front sight must be pinned. I really don’t want to buy a 340 and then add D&L sights just because of cost. A 642 with a D&L rear sight and a Novak dovetail front sounds better. Anybody have pics of the D&L sights installed
    Last edited by Poconnor; 06-27-2019 at 11:03 AM.

My shit is not together.

Let me get it together.

Will post this evening.

ETA: I had it on my to-do list and it simply got pushed down due to life to contact XS sights about a group/bulk rate on big-dot sights and installations. I have just done this. This is a different approach than the "Pro" model, but should be considerably less expensive.

I'll post the response, we can figure out if we want to go XS/Don Williams route and plan accordingly.

As of now - the queue to add guns is still open. PM me your info (Name, gun types, quantity of guns) -
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 06-27-2019 at 11:32 AM.

User Tag List