Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The official 442/642 "pro" thread

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Not the greatest source, but interesting writeup on those. Likely the forum moderator could correct/fill in some details.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gu...vice-revolver/
    Unfortunately mine is just a 38 only 360, not the 360J. Mine has the serial number on the heal, not the side of the frame.

360J with a few mods:
    Name:  P1002413.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  100.0 KB

With VZ grips and the hammer polished:
    Name:  P1120625.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  103.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    With VZ grips and the hammer polished...
    How are those VZs, and can you compare them to any of the other grip options VZ offers? What's recoil like with the harder G10 versus the softer Uncle Mike's?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    How are those VZs, and can you compare them to any of the other grip options VZ offers? What's recoil like with the harder G10 versus the softer Uncle Mike's?
    The VZ boot grips with Tactical Diamonds are too aggressive for my hands, the 320 texture is too mild. The Twister version (pictured) is just dandy. Good grip, no abrasion, carries concealed well regardless of clothing material.

With the larger VZ wrap around grips I like the 320 texture and the larger grip gives me much more control with the mild texture.

Have yet to try his Operator II texture.

Regarding felt recoil I find the UM grips and these VZ grips very similar. I don't think the UM really do much in terms of recoil mitigation - they're a rather hard rubber. The VZ grip is slightly thicker side to side and this fills my hand a bit better than the UM. I find hand fitment has more effect on recoil mitigation than does grip construction material.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    If Mr Williams is out, I wonder about moving to Karl Sokol.
    I had Karl make a number of pistols for me when I was in the USAF. Sadly only my M10 and M12 remain. Sadly the GM, BHP, M28, and the rest went down the road.

User Tag List