Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PF Hurricane season 2018

PF Hurricane season 2018

How is everyone doing?
    #RESIST

It looks bad for those of you in NC/VA. Don't wait to get ready.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Glad I moved my elderly dad out of Savannah GA closer to us in NW GA. Last few years, wife had to make what seemed like the annual hurricane run to bring him north out of harms way. I do not miss being in hurricane alley. Stay safe.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It looks bad for those of you in NC/VA. Don't wait to get ready.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/
    I’m ready now and have high hopes that DC gets hit
    #RESIST

If it keeps on that track we are going to get a bunch more rain. We don't need any more rain here. My weather radio has been going off with flood warnings all day.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I am visiting my folks back east in CT, with a scheduled departure of Thurs AM. Really hoping it doesn't swing north...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m ready now and have high hopes that DC gets hit
    I figured you would be set. The GFS model had it hovering/circling DC before heading out to sea.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

My daughter's wedding in Norfolk on the 15th. I'm hoping there is a Norfolk.

My daughter lives in an apartment in Winchester, VA where she attends college. I'm expecting that area to get hammered with rain. I am in coastal Alabama where we are *still* contending with daily downpours post-Gorden. (My yard is a friggin' bog.) Can't win...

Ready. Went to Walmart weeks ago and got enough water to last a week. Buckets will get filled Wednesday so we can flush. I have enough moist wipes to last a couple weeks. Other than that there is not much else I do. The transplants here have lost their damn minds. The grocery store was crazy around 10 this morning. I’m so glad I had already stockpiled my supplies.

My wife and I will likely get called in to work... I hate hurricanes that start with the letter “F”. I worked Hurricane Fran in 1996 and Hurricane Floyd in 1999. There have been others of course but the wind from Fran was bad. I was literally still on the road trying to get to the PD but trees, poles, and power lines almost stopped that from happening.

In Floyd, the flooding exceeded the 500 year flood levels...eastern NC was a swamp. Hurricane Dennis dumped a lot of rain just prior to Floyd, then Irene (fucking Irene...) after Floyd added to that. I couldn’t get anywhere without having to go way out of my way.

In case anyone doesn’t get “Irene”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hz_biCr_M
    Last edited by KeeFus; 09-09-2018 at 02:29 PM.

User Tag List