Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: PF Hurricane season 2018

My prayers for everybody in the path of this bastard. I feel really bad for those in small towns in the panhandle and big bend. They don't have a lot of resources to deal with this. FDs from here are sending a small team and Florida Power and Light crews are leaving today.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Dang. I have to admit, I pretty much discounted this storm ever since it started being news several days ago. I mean, it's friggin' *OCTOBER*, right!?! That said, Michael is an asshole. Waiting on him to take that right-hand turn...

As if we hadn't already had too much rain this year...

Batten down the hatches, lads.

Be safe if you're in the path.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    My prayers for everybody in the path of this bastard. I feel really bad for those in small towns in the panhandle and big bend. They don't have a lot of resources to deal with this. FDs from here are sending a small team and Florida Power and Light crews are leaving today.

Hoping my friends in Mary Esther (outside of Ft. Walton Beach) will come through without too much trouble. They've had to replace a roof and more in past years.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

To everyone in it's path.... Stay safe. You are in our prayers.

Michael went from a tropical depression to a Cat4 monster making landfall in just over three days. That's crazy.
    CraigR@ssdinternationalinc.com / 407-410-6914 Option 1 / About Us

I'm seeing reports that conditions are favorable for continued strengthening and Cat5 isn't out of the question prior to landfall.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    How close are you to Penscola?
    About 45 miles east; near Eglin AFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    We are just getting the outer rain bands this morning from Michael here in Tampa this morning. Kept me and the doggie indoors from our normal after breakfast walkies.

I see it strengthened to a Cat 4 overnight as it heads to Panama City. I’ve generally only driven East/West through the Panhandle, and there is not a lot of interstate North/South options as I recall, for Evacuation. With the sudden onset of this Major Storm I hope and pray folks manage to get out in time but I fear we’ll see a lot of rescues due to local flooding after it passes through.

Definitely sucks to be in that kind of situation. Best of luck to all involved.
    Our N/S roads were pretty bad here yesterday. SR 85 (divided four lane) and SR 285 (two lane) are only two roads headed north from the Destin. 85 (the primary route north) was a nightmare. US 331 is the primary N/S route covering a pretty large stretch from east of Destin almost to Panama City Beach. It's recently been finished converting from two lane to divided four lane from the Gulf up to I-10, and it was gridlock near the interstate. Once you get past I-10, there are a few routes you can take to get to I-65, and there were reports that traffic was moving very slow up around Andalusia, AL (which is the route I usually take if I'm headed north). I'm not as familiar with PCB, but the roads aren't significantly different there and I'm guessing traffic was worse simply due to the projected landfall.

Honestly the traffic infrastructure here is insufficient for daily commuting (in my specific area), to say nothing of tourist traffic volume. It's fortunate for everyone who did evacuate that we're past tourist season or it would have been a lot worse.

My folks live on ST George Island, and evacuated to Huntsville AL yesterday. Now begins the wait to see what happens to the house.

This is not going to be good.

I have family that got out of FWB with literally the shirt on their back after Hurricane Opal in 1995. 12 foot storm surge. Basically matchsticks left.

Be safe all.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post

About 45 miles east; near Eglin AFB.
    Some of my work relates to Hurlburt Field. Be safe.

User Tag List