Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn those PSA deals

Update: shoots great with my #LeatherheadBullets from @dsa

No issues, just did a function check and a quick 25 yard zero in the back acreage (legal in my county and safe). Dead Air Sandman Ti from @Hansohn Brothers made this thing quiet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #RESIST

Just tried factory supers, no issues again. This thing just works.
    #RESIST

Gads, I am weak...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I want an AR pistol in 300BO...
    Just ordered a lower...

Welp, just ordered a 10.5" 5.56 pistol build kit with Magpul furniture and SBA3 brace. Except I forgot that last week I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of SBA3 lower build kits and that they were still in my cart. I messaged PSA so hopefully they'll cancel the lower kits and just charge me and ship the pistol kit. Even if they do hold me to the whole order, I can still use the lower kits so not the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Just tried factory supers, no issues again. This thing just works.
    PSA is really good for experimenting and low volume toys. I’ve had occasional issues like a too-tight 300 AAC Backout chamber, or an AR-9 lower that wasn’t reliable with any combination of parts.

Outside of that the value has been pretty good.

I haven’t had any problems with reliability over time, but I haven’t pressed the stuff too hard.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 09-22-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Don’t forget to click on the PF Brownells link at top or in the OP so that PF (not me) gets ad revenue.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Welp, just ordered a 10.5" 5.56 pistol build kit with Magpul furniture and SBA3 brace. Except I forgot that last week I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of SBA3 lower build kits and that they were still in my cart. I messaged PSA so hopefully they'll cancel the lower kits and just charge me and ship the pistol kit. Even if they do hold me to the whole order, I can still use the lower kits so not the end of the world.
    I want an SBA3...
    #RESIST

I want an SBA3...
    I only have a couple Blades right now but the SBA3 looks like a pretty sweet setup, quick adjust on a standard Mil-spec tube. I was leaning more towards a Mod 2 Tailhook but the SBA3 is what PSA has so...
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Damn those PSA deals

Last weekend my $200 PSA Special got up to 440. I like it so much that I’m already almost done “upgrading” it.

I wanted to keep it fairly inexpensive and classic M4ish so I used a Forward Controls Design 6315 muzzle device, BCM Mod 4B charging handle, and PSA premium carry handle. Magpul MLOK MOE handguard with IWC QD sling mount is on the way to replace the older MOE handguard. I got a good deal on the older stuff and didn’t think I’d care, but it was one mounting system too many, especially since my Atlas is on a KDG Kinect and is super easy to pop on and off MLOK slots. Plus, it took less than 500 rounds for me to remember how much I prefer the angled BCM stubby grip since my wrist mobility is terrible so an MLOK version of that is on the way too. Total into it is $438 and change, not including the spare Magpul QD sling mount and VCAS I had laying around.

Three five round groups when zeroing the carry handle. My support was pretty bad and I never shoot irons so that may have accounted for that flier on the last group. Next weekend I will hopefully be able to group it on a better range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 09-23-2018 at 01:54 AM.

I want an SBA3...
    Brownells has them for $99 shipped with code NBM. If PSA lets me cancel those lower kits I'll order a SBA3 from Brownells for my AK pistol.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 09-23-2018 at 11:35 AM.

User Tag List