Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn those PSA deals

Took my pistol out. It was 30 degrees and windy so I called it after 30 minutes. Only put 80 round of Wolf through it, had three mag related malfunctions. One was a failure to lock open on the last round but that mag has a weak spring and it only happened once out of six times I used that mag. I had two failures to chamber the first round on two metal D&H USGI pattern mags that were really hard to load in the first place. Racked the charging handle one time each and it went into battery.

I just ordered a disapator upper from PSA, on clearance for $180, no BCG of charging handle. I've wanted a disapator for a while so for that price I'll jump on the upper and grab a BCG when I have a bit more cash on hand.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449779.html
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 10-14-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I just ordered a disapator upper from PSA, on clearance for $180, no BCG of charging handle. I've wanted a disapator for a while so for that price I'll jump on the upper and grab a BCG when I have a bit more cash on hand.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449779.html
    I’ve got one of these. It’s pretty workable; i always wanted a KISSipator build and it works well for that.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Between PSA's deals and Brownell's weekly sales + weekend 10% off and free shipping I will never be able to save up for a Scorpion or new gears for my Cobra. Recently picked up an MGW Universal Sight Pusher and SBA3 (although it is still on Back Order) from the folks in Iowa and 2 Sig Romeo 5s from the folks in South Cackalaka.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 10-14-2018 at 08:42 PM.

I function fired my 5.56 pistol yesterday and it ran. Nothing more to report other than the same lower is on sale now, down to only $99 (the one with no brace). Unbelievable...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Took my pistol out. It was 30 degrees and windy so I called it after 30 minutes. Only put 80 round of Wolf through it, had three mag related malfunctions. One was a failure to lock open on the last round but that mag has a weak spring and it only happened once out of six times I used that mag. I had two failures to chamber the first round on two metal D&H USGI pattern mags that were really hard to load in the first place. Racked the charging handle one time each and it went into battery.

[/url]
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449842.html

Is this what you posted? I'd be all over it if I lived in a free state.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449842.html

Is this what you posted? I'd be all over it if I lived in a free state.
    Yeah that's what I got. I don't think it was on clearance at the time, I want to say I spent another $50. And the FDE was out of stock at the time otherwise I would have gotten that instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

DAILY DEAL: WINCHESTER USA 9MM NATO 124GR FMJ AMMUNITION 50RDS - Q4318
    IN STOCK, $8.99 FREE SHIPPING 20+ BOXES

( $179.80/case delivered )
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 10-17-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I'm noticing that PSA is playing weird games with their clearance stuff.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449542.html
    $ 79.99

Was $69.99 when I ordered it end of september.
    The they have the EPT version for $89.99 also, if anyone wanted to try that trigger. Personally I think it's worth it for the $10-$20 mark up, over a standard mil-spec trigger.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 10-17-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I have found that the PSA EPT Trigger + Joe Bob Grip Screw Trigger Adjuster is a surprisingly good trigger for cheap, especailly when combined with the JP Reduced Power Trigger Springs.

Name:  052617_74373.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  14.7 KB
    Name:  JB-TRIGGERADJUSTER-2T.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  13.9 KB
    Name:  JP-JPS3.5-2T.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  10.5 KB
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 10-17-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

@GuanoLoco hmm... that grip screw and spring kit is interesting. Now that I have more completed lowers than uppers, I've set a couple up with different triggers I have here, to do some back-to-back comparisons in the future. I might have to get a screw/spring kit at some point and put them in one of the lowers.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List