Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn those PSA deals

I have a 16” complete upper inbound, $219 with BCG and CH. I already have a 16” PSA premium complete upper that is my budget rifle. This one will be my “budget” budget rifle. I want to see just how cheap I can put together a rifle.

I had to unsubscribe from the daily deal emails. I kept getting too many cases of "the wants" because of good prices when I still had too many cases of "the needs" to take care of first.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

tell me about it.
    biz has been poor lately, so i'm not as flush with cash as I'd want to be, and one of those 0% for 18 month credit cards is REALLY tempting me to do something fiscally foolish.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Just ordered a BCG from PSA, $60 shipped to go with the Dissy upper I got from them last month.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    I have been fighting the AR pistol from PSA bug since before Thanksgiving - getting the "daily deal" email. I just bit on the "end of the year clearance" email. I think it is same price as other deals since Thanksgiving but I give up.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...3a00+PM+Email#

I will pull off an old red dot from another carbine for a while and I have some BUIS in the parts box. When I look at the parts list, I just can't buy the parts and build for these prices. Have a stripped Anderson lower in the safe. I could have bought a kit even cheaper but decided to pay more to get the better brace, trigger, and MOE grip.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have been fighting the AR pistol from PSA bug since before Thanksgiving - getting the "daily deal" email. I just bit on the "end of the year clearance" email. I think it is same price as other deals since Thanksgiving but I give up.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...3a00+PM+Email#

I will pull off an old red dot from another carbine for a while and I have some BUIS in the parts box. When I look at the parts list, I just can't buy the parts and build for these prices. Have a stripped Anderson lower in the safe. I could have bought a kit even cheaper but decided to pay more to get the better brace, trigger, and MOE grip.
    I think I'm going to get a 8.5" 300 blk upper lot one of these days too. Been trying to hold off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I bought one of their assembled lowers with the SBA3 brace and an upper receiver with the 10.5" 1/7 nitrided barrel complete with CH and BCG.

The staking on the gas key on the BCG isn't right, so I just left it out and used a Brownells nitrided BCG I had handy for another project. I had a Radian Raptor CH sitting around as I replaced it with a Geissele CH on another project.

To my surprise, the little gun has run through a little more than 400 rounds without issue. I confirmed zero at 100 yards yesterday from a prone position using the magazine as a monopod and shot a 5 shot group at a little more than 2.5" with the irons and right at 3" with the Primary Arms dot (most dots are amoebas to me, including this one) I put on it. Given that a pistol brace is nowhere near as good as a real stock, I wasn't using a magnified optic, I was shooting with a magazine monopod in the mud, and I was using XM193 which on it's best day is no better than 2 MOA, I'll take it.

It ejects consistently and the action cycles smoothly.

The brass comes out pretty dirty, and the case is very faintly marked by scratches along about the mid-point of the case that makes me wonder if the chamber is perhaps a little rough...but it hasn't impacted function.

All in all, a pleasant little surprise.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Out of stock now, so you're safe till the next one.

My $199 phosphate upper got to around 600 rounds without issue so I bought another one, this time the nitride pencil version. I also bought a premium BCG for it. Haven’t gotten much trigger time on it yet but I’m at 210 rounds without issue, including 30 rounds of Tula. The receiver dimensions are a bit wide, as one side sits over my Rainier lower by a fair amount, but no issues with function so I don’t care. Total was $276.98 with shipping. It’s actually pimped out pretty well with a spare EXPS 3-2 that I had sitting around along with an older M600U from another gun, FCD LDFA, BCM comp, Radian CH, and MOE handguard from my phosphate upper.

The 10.5s have been tempting, including the CHF version that’s on sale right now. That’s approaching BCM territory price wise though, I don’t know that it’s worth it.

If this one comes back in stock for $300 or less, I’ll probably be all over it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165449842.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List