Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Border Patrol’s Purple shell casings

I “might” have seen a couple of LSP shotgun quals that has some birdshot mixed in with the buckshot. I’d guess rabbit hunting on night shift.........

You gotta have fashion forward ammo to match all those multicolored plastic guns out there. Tre sheik.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

We've shot a lot of the FBI contract ammo over the years. At first, the only markings on the box were the part number of the load. For the last couple of years, all the cases are marked "Practice" or "Duty."
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have the better part of a case of this stuff. 180gr .40. One of these rounds had a bulged case and locked up my Glock 35 solid. Had to hit the rear of the slide with a torque wrench to put it into battery.

Site Supporter
    Once I saw an 870 with some of the shells loaded backward in the mag tube. Picket shotgun.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Had to hit the rear of the slide with a torque wrench to put it into battery.
    ...of all the tools to use to whack something, a torque wrench?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Heaviest hand tool I had in my car at the time. I tried kicking the back of the slide with no luck. Didn't especially want to bring the gun home from the range in that condition.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    No kidding. No way would I whack anything with either of my torque wrenches. They were both expensive (or at least, expensive in my view), so I'm not going to use them as hammers.

Also, why force the out of spec round into battery vs just ejecting it and moving on?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    No kidding. No way would I whack anything with either of my torque wrenches. They were both expensive (or at least, expensive in my view), so I'm not going to use them as hammers.

Also, why force the out of spec round into battery vs just ejecting it and moving on?
    Used the handle. It's fine.

The slide was locked up solid - would not move forwards or backwards - about ~3mm out of battery. Knocking it into battery was basically my only option.

Cartridge ignited and ejected just fine after.

Site Supporter
    Mesmerizing as I am while explaining the next course of fire or pontificating upon the tactics and techniques needed for the next drill while people load magazines, I doubt purple ammunition would be enough to ensure they are loading training ammunition. Even if not focused on the wit and wisdom of soon to be retired SGT jnc, people get distracted when stuffing mags on the range. Given minimal cost, I have no issue with it.

User Tag List